Thursday, June 19, 2014

Midge Wants to Dance

Booker-T crossed the yard and entered the gate at Midge's house. He stood just inside the gate and saw Midge on the front porch. She didn't see him enter the front yard. Booker-T just stood there watching her acting a little strange. He didn't know whether to call to her or just walk on up to the porch. He slowly started up the sidewalk. Midge looked up and saw him coming up the sidewalk toward the porch. “Hey there Booker-T!” called Midge.
“Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “What are you doing? Are you all right?”
“I'm great,” said Midge.
“Are you sure you are all right?” asked Booker-T.

“I'm great,” said Midge. “Why do you think something is wrong?”
“I watched you from the the gate,” said Booker-T. “You were acting strange.”
“Acting Strange?” asked Midge. “What was I doing that was strange?”
“Bouncing around on the porch,” said Booker-T. “Like a kid trying to get a bug off him.”
“I was dancing,” laughed Midge.
“Dancing!” exclaimed Booker-T. “Why are you dancing?”
“I'm going on that TV show,” said Midge.
“What TV show?” asked Booker-T. “And just how do you plan on getting on this TV show?”
“I don't know how I'm going to get on yet,” said Midge. “I haven't figured that part out yet.”
“Why do you want to go on the show?” asked Booker-T. “And you haven't told me what show yet.”
“I saw it on TV the other night,” said Midge. “My owner likes to watch it. I think they call it Dancing with the Stars or something like that.”
“Hmmm,” laughed Booker-T. “And just what star are you going to dance with?”
“I want to dance with that nice German Shepherd,” said Midge.
“What German Shepherd?” asked Booker-T. “Is he a star?”
“I think so,” said Midge. “He's on a show that my owner watches on Wednesday night.”
“What's his name?” asked Booker-T.
“What is who's name?” asked Jake as he hurried up the steps to the porch where Midge and Booker-T were having a small discusstion.”
“Some German Shepherd she saw on TV,” said Booker-T. “She wants to dance with him.”
“What?!” laughed Jake. “Midge, are you talking about that again?”
“I really want like to dance, Jake,” said Midge.
“But that show is for humans,” said Jake. “You don't have a way to get on it.”
“I can sneak in the door and onto the floor,” said Midge. “You and Booker-T can distract the man at the door and I'll just walk right in.”
“Hey!” said Booker-T. “Don't get me involved in this. I don't want any part of you sneaking into a place like that.”
“Aw, Booker-T,” said Midge batting her big brown eyes at him. “You don't want to help little me?”
“Big problem Midge,” said Jake.
“What big problem?” asked Midge.
“We don't even live in the city where that show comes from,” said Jake.
“We don't?” asked Midge. “But I heard they will be in the convention center downtown in two weeks.”
“Here?” asked Booker-T.
“Yes,” said Midge. “They said on TV at the end of the show last night that they will be looking for dancers and anyone who likes to dance should come to the convention center. I like to dance Jake.”
“But you are a dog,” said Jake. “They want human beings to dance for them, not dogs.”
“Aw Jake,” sighed Midge. “I really want to go on the show and dance.”
“I think you are going to have to forget it Midge,” said Jake. “You just can't dance on the show.”
“You know I”m going to pester you about it til you give in Jake,” smiled Midge.
“She will too, Jake,” laughed Booker-T. “You just might as well give in to her now and tell her you are going to help.”
“Midge,” said Jake shaking his head. “Why can't you be reasonable? You know you can't go into the convention center.”
“I was there once, Jake,” said Midge. “My owner took me there last year one day.”
“But that was different Midge,” said Booker-T. “I was there too, remember?”
“I remember,” said Midge. “You were there too Jake.”
“I know,” said Jake. “But that day was for pets. This is a dance show for humans.”
“Don't you think I dance good Jake?” asked Midge.
“You dance good for a dog,” smiled Jake. “But I don't think they want a dog dancing on the dance floor Midge.”
“Just help me get in the building and I'll figure it out when I get in there,” said Midge. “Please Jake!”
“I'll help you get her in the door Jake,” said Booker-T. “We might as well do it, or she will never be quiet about it.”
“Thank you Booker-T,” smiled Midge, dancing across the porch. “I'm going to be a sensation.”
“Oh my goodness,” said Jake. “We opened a huge can of worms.”
“Give them to me,” said Gabby as he swoped down from the trees. “I want them.”
“You want what?” asked Midge.
“Didn't Jake just say he opened a can or worms?” asked Gabby. “I love worms. You can give them to me.”
“This is a different can of worms Gabby,” said Jake. “Not the eating kind.”
“Oh,” said midge. “Hi Gabby.”
“I didn't know there were worms you don't eat,” said Gabby. “What kind of worms did Jake open?”
“Hey Jake,” said Booker-T. “Gabby can help us with those worms.”
“I thought they weren't eating worms,” said Gabby. “What am I suppose to help you with?”
“Can you help me get into the convention center in two week?” asked Midge.
“Why do you want to go in there?” asked Gabby.
“She thinks she is going to dance on the TV show that will be there,” said Jake.
“Ha ha ha,” laughed Gabby. “What TV show?”
“There is a dancing show going to be here in town in two weeks trying to find dancers and I'm going,” said Midge.
“Oh no,” laughed Gabby. “They probably want humans for their show, not dogs.”
“When they see me dance,” said Midge. “They will change their minds. I will entertain them.”
“Oh my goodness,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “Just help us Gabby. Jake is thinking of an idea.”
“All right Jake,” said Gabby. “Count me in. Time for you to tell me what you want me to do.”
“I'm thinking,” said Jake. “Lets go to the park and play.”
“I thought you were going to think of a way into the convention center,” said Midge.
“We have two weeks to find a solution,” said Booker-T. “I want to go play right now.”
“Gabby, you are smart,” said Jake. “Start thinking.”

“Okay,” said Gabby. “I'll work on it too and I'll meet you at the park.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T