Friday, August 1, 2014

Midge and Booker-T Visit Misty

 “She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes,” sang Midge as she bounced along the sidewalk on her way to Jake's house. “She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes.”
Who is coming around what mountain?” asked Booker-T running to catch up to Midge. “Are you going to Jake's house?”
Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “I didn't see you this morning so I started by myself.”
I slept late this morning so I wasn't outside,” said Booker-T. “So who is coming around what mountain?”
It's just a song,” laughed Midge. “I don't know who she is or what mountain she is coming around.”

Where did you hear that song?” asked Booker-T. “And who cares that she is coming around a mountain?”
I don't know,” laughed Midge. “You are silly. It was on the radio last night. Some silly show that my owner was listening to. She didn't let the whole song play and she turned it off.”
I don't blame her,” said Booker-T. “I sounds like a strange song.”
You know these humans,” said Midge. “Some of them listen to some really strange stuff. Do you ever hear that loud booming music at night on the weekends sometimes in our neighborhood?”
Oh yes,” said Booker-T. “Do they call that music? It sounds like nothing but a bunch of loud booming and sometimes our windows in the house rattle.”
I know,” said Midge. “My owner gets upset when she is trying to watch something on TV and all she is hearing is the loud booming. She calls it noise.”
I think it is noise,” said Booker-T. “Maybe the person is deaf and can't hear it.”
Maybe,” said Midge. “Maybe that is why they play it so loud.”
Are you going to Jake's?” asked Booker-T.
Yes,” smiled Midge. “Do you want to go?”
I'll come in little while,” said Booker-T. “I am going to Misty's house first.”
Oh, Okay,” said Midge. “Do you mind if I come along. I haven't seen Misty in long time. How is she doing?”
She is fine,” said Booker-T. “But her owner won't let her come outside much anymore after she got so sick.”
That's because her owner loves her Booker-T,” said Midge.
I guess so,” said Booker-T. “So sometimes I go see her when she is outside in the back yard. She will love to see you.”
Lets go,” said Midge as they quickly started walking along the sidewalk. “We need to get Jake and come back to my house and visit with Snappy. He don't get to play with us at the park anymore.”
Does he still like his new home?” asked Booker-T.
“Oh yes,” smiled Midge. “He loves that he gets nice fresh water every day and the food is good.”
That's really good,” said Booker-T. “I remember when I came to live at my home. I was little scared.”
That's because you lived on the streets for so long and didn't trust too many humans,” said Midge. “But there are a lot of nice humans. I don't know why some people are cruel.”
I still thank you for getting me my new home,” said Booker-T. “It was so nice of you Midge.”
It's okay,” said Midge. “I was happy to do it. I always worried about you on the streets and not much good food.”
They turned into the gate at Misty's house and Booker-T ran up on the porch and called out to Misty. “Misty! Are you in there?”
Midge jumped onto the porch bench and pressed her nose against the window. She tried to peak through the closed blinds but couldn't see anything. In a few minutes, Misty poked her nose through the blinds and tapped on the window. Midge placed her paw on the windows next to hers. Misty jumped down and ran to the back door where she pushed her way out the back doggie door.
Hi Midge,” said Misty. “Hi Booker-T. What are you two doing this morning?”
We came by to see you,” said Booker-T. “Can you go to the park with us today?”
No,” sighed Misty. “My owner still won't let me go away from the house yet.”
She loves you Misty,” said Midge. “She don't want you to get sick again. I think you got sick when we walked through the woods that day.”
Maybe,” said Misty. “I don't know. I miss playing with you all.”
We miss you too Misty,” said Booker-T. “Maybe we can all come here and play in your back yard.”
Oh Booker-T,” said Misty. “That would be really nice. Can you come play today?”
We are on the way to Jake's house,” said Midge. “We will ask him to come back with us and we will play. We need to go to my house first. Snappy wants to visit a little bit with all of us. I see him every day but he don't see Jake and Booker-T every day.”
Okay,” said Misty. “It will be so nice to play with you guys again. Thank you.”
We will see you later Misty,” said Booker-T.
Midge and Booker-T hurried along the sidewalk to Jake's house. They ran up the steps and leaped into the swing.
Hi Jake!” said Midge.
Hey guys!” said Jake. “Where have you been this morning? You are usually here early. I started to come to your house but y owner came home from work to pick up some papers so I stayed here waiting for her to leave.”
Is she still here?” asked Booker-T.
No,” said Jake. “She left a few minutes ago. Is everything okay?”
Sorry we weren't here earlier,” said Midge. “We ran by Misty's house on the way here and checked on her. She wants us to come play with her later, but Snappy wants us to come to the house.. he wants to see you and Booker-T. Do you want to go to see him and then go play with Misty?”
Sure,” smiled Jake. “Lets go.”
The three friends hurried along the sidewalk back to Midge's house where they crawled in through the doggie door in the back. Booker-T and Jake followed Midge into the living room where they jumped in the chair next to the tank that Snappy lived in. He was so happy to see them.
Thanks for bringing them Midge,” said Snappy. “It is so good to see you all.”
Misty told us to tell you hello,” said Midge. “She can't come to the house yet to see you.”
Maybe one day she can come,” said Snappy.
I know she will,” said Midge.
They all visited for about an hour and then left to go to Misty's house. “We will see you later Snappy. Have a good afternoon.”
Bye you guys,” smiled Snappy. “See you later Midge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T