Friday, September 26, 2014

Booker-T Goes Boom

 “Midge!” called Booker-T as he ran up the steps at Midge's house. “Where are you?”
I'm back here,” said Midge as she came walking around from the back yard. “You are early this morning.”
I know,” laughed Booker-T. “My owner had to go to work early today.”
My owner has not gone to work yet,” said Midge. “She just fed me and is getting ready to leave.”
Do you want me to come back later?” asked Booker-T.
No,” said Midge. “Come on and lets sit on the porch. We can go in and see Snappy after she goes to work.”
How is Snappy doing?” asked Booker-T. “I miss the little guy sometimes.”

He is loving his new home,” said Midge. “I know he sure enjoys it when you and Jake come to see him.”
The two climbed the steps to the porch and leaped onto the bench. “I think winter is on its way Midge,” said Booker-T as he curled up on the corner of the bench. “Do you like winter?”
Not really,” said Midge. “It is too cold sometimes. My owner bought me a new sweater for this winter.”
That's nice,” said Booker-T. “You like the sweaters?”
Yes,” smiled Midge. “They are warm. She bought me a pretty red one. Do you have a sweater?”
No,” said Booker-T. “I never wore a sweater before.”
I have an old one that is blue,” said Midge. “You can have it if you want it.”
Your owner won't care if you give it to me?” asked Booker-T.
“No, I don't think so,” said Midge. “Before you go home, I will give it to you. I think it is my bed.”
You sleep with it?” asked Booker-T.
No,” said Midge. “She tossed it in there last year at the end of winter and I don't sleep in the bed. I sleep at the foot of her bed at night.”
Oh, okay,” said Booker-T. “I would like that. I heard my owner telling someone on the phone the other day that winter is going to be bad this year.”
I think it is bad every year,” laughed Midge. “I don't like the cold. I wish it would stay summer all year long.”
That would be nice,” said Booker-T. “I would like that too.”
Midge stood up when she heard the car door shut. “I think my owner is getting ready to leave for work now.”
Okay,” smiled Booker-T. “We can go see Snappy.”
The car pulled out of the driveway and headed up the road. Booker-T and Midge jumped down from the bench and ran into the back yard where they crawled into the house through the back doggie door. Booker-T hurried across the kitchen floor and into the living room. Suddenly he was zooming across the floor and ran into the sofa. “Oh my!” screamed Snappy. “Booker-T! Are you okay? What happened?”
Booker-T stood up shaking his head.
What happened?” called Midge as she hurried to Booker-T's side. “What did you do?”
He went boom,” said Snappy.
I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Suddenly I was zooming across the floor.”
Why?” asked Midge.
I thought I might try flying today,” said Booker-T.
Very funny!” said Midge. “Really, what happened?”
I don't know,” said Booker-T looking around the room.
What are you looking for?” asked Midge. “Did you see what happened Snappy?”
Not really,” said Snappy. “I just saw him come zooming across the floor and suddenly, boom, he hit the sofa.”
I stepped on something,” said Booker-T. “I felt my foot hit it when I was running through the door. There it is, over there.”
Oh no,” said Midge. “You stepped on the roller skate.”
What is a roller skate?” asked Booker-T.
My owner had her little niece over here yesterday and she was roller skating on the driveway,” said Midge. “That is her roller skate. There should be another one somewhere in here.”
Why did she leave it for me to step on?” asked Booker-T.
She didn't leave it for you,” laughed Midge. “She didn't know you were coming in the house. My owner didn't put it away after her niece left last night. Sorry Booker-T. Are you sure you are okay?”
I think so,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I have a hard head and your sofa is better than hitting the wall I think. What does she do with a roller skate?”
She puts them on her feet and tries to roll around on the driveway,” laughed Midge.
She can stand up on those things?” asked Booker-T giving the skate a kick.
Not too much,” laughed Midge. “She spends more time sitting down then she does rolling around on them.”
Why do you want wheels on your feet?” asked Booker-T. “That must be hard to stand up.”
That's why she spends more time sitting down,” said Midge.
Strange,” said Booker-T. “Wheels for your feet. How funny is that?”
Would you like some wheels for your feet?” asked Midge.
Oh no,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I would spend a lot of time on the floor too or hitting my head on something all the time. Think I will stick to walking or running.”
I think that's a good idea Booker-T,” laughed Snappy.
I came in to see you Snappy,” said Booker-T. “How are you?”
I think now, I'm better than you are,” laughed Snappy. “I love my new home. I miss you guys sometimes but it is nice here and I think winter is coming again so this is good place to be. It is too cold at the park in the pond.”
It does get cold outside in the winter,” said Booker-T. “Midge was so good to help me find a good home and get out of the cold winter nights too. I'm glad she got you a nice warm place too.”
You are both welcome,” said Midge. “I'm glad you like having a new home.”
“Are you going to Jake's house this morning?” asked Snappy.
Yes,” said Booker-T. “He is probably waiting for us now so we can go to the park.”
I'm not waiting any more,” said Jake as he came walking into the living room. “Hi guys.”
Good morning Jake,” said Midge. “We were just getting ready to come to your house.”
It's good to see you Jake,” said Snappy.
Hi Snappy,” said Jake. “It's good to see you. Do you miss being at the pond?”
Sometimes,” said Snappy. “But I like my new home and winter is coming so I will be warmer here.”
Yes, winter will be here soon,” said Jake. “And I heard the weatherman on TV last night and he said winter was going to be bad this year with more snow.”
I'm happy, I'm in here,” smiled Snappy.
Me too,” said Midge. “Are you ready to go to the park, or do you want to stay and visit with Snappy and play in the back yard?”
I'm here now,” said Jake. “Lets stay here today.”
Midge and Booker-T agreed with Jake and they jumped into the chair so they could sit and visit with Snappy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T