Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day

The morning light shone through the window and fell across the bed where Midge and her owner slept. The sun rays felt warm as Midge stretched and leaped from the bed to the floor. Soon her owner began to move in the bed.
Good morning Midge,” called her owner as she sat up in the bed and reached out for her robe. “It is Christmas morning, Midge.”
Midge sat near the bed and listened to her talk. She jumped back on the bed and nozzled her owner's arm waiting for her to pat her on the head.
Come on girl,” said her owner as she ran her hand over her head and down her back. “Lets go get you something to eat. I am ready for some coffee.”

Midge jumped from the bed and followed her to the kitchen. As she entered the kitchen, she flipped the switch on the wall and it lit all the pretty colored lights on the tree. Midge stopped in the doorway and stared at the colors as they twinkled on the tree. “They are really pretty,” thought Midge.
Come on girl,” called her owner from the kitchen. “Your food and water is ready.”
As Midge entered the kitchen, her owner set her food bowl onto her mat next to her water bowl. Her owner poured herself some juice as the coffee began to fill the pot. The smell of the fresh coffee filled the air and Midge love the smell of the coffee, even though she had never tasted it. “It is a human thing,” thought Midge. “Maybe some day I can taste it.”
soon the coffee was ready and her owner poured herself a cup and took it to the living room where she curled up on the end of the sofa covering her feet with the blanket from the back of the sofa. Midge followed her there and leaped into the sofa beside her and snuggled down into the blanket and laid her head on her lap. As she drank her coffee, she gently petted Midge. “Well girlk,” sahe said “I have a little something for you this morning.”
She reached to the coffee table and picked up the small box with the pretty pink bow. She opened the box and pulled out a beautiful lavender collar with white sparkling stones around it. In the box was also a pretty lavender bow for Midge's ear. Midge nuzzled her arm and tried to lick her cheek. She was happy to have a new collar and bow for her ear. She just knew Jake will like to see her in the new collar.
I wonder if Jake got his new collar and how about Booker-T and his ball,” thought Midge. “I can't wait to see them tomorrow.”
The rest of Christmas day was lot of good smells in the house and good food to eat and Midge's owner visiting with her sister. Music filled the house with much Christmas singing. Candles were set on the tables and surrounded with green pine and holly. Everything was so pretty and smelled so good.
Midge slipped out the doggie door to take her morning walk in the back yard to take care of business. “Hey Midge!” called Booker-T.
Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “Merry Christmas to you.”
Did you get your new collar and bow you wanted?” asked Booker-T.
I did,” smiled Midge. “It is really pretty with stones that glisten all around it. I got a matching bow for my ear. Did you get your ball?”
I got three pretty little balls to play with,” said Booker-T. “One of them is filled with catnip.”
What is catnip?” asked Midge.
It smells so good and we cats love it,” said Booker-T. “I will show you my toys tomorrow when we go to see Jake.”
Maybe I will wear my new collar,” said Midge. “Have you seen Jake today?”
No,” said Booker-T. “I wonder if he got the new collar he wanted. Did you get any treats to eat?”
I got some from my owner and a bag of sweet doggie treats from her sister,” said Midge. “They are really good. I have had them before and I like a lot.”
I got some treats too,” said Booker-T. “Some of them taste like fish.”
Do you like fish?” asked Midge.
Fish is my favorite one,” said Booker-T. I get one little fish and one little chicken treat every day.”
I like the beef ones,” said Midge.
Those are good too, but my favorite is still the fish,” said Booker-T. “How did Snappy like what we found for him at the pond?”
He liked them really well and my owner got him some nice flowers for his tank,” said Midge. “They look real nice in there. He is happy.”
I better go or my owner will be looking for me,” said Booker-T. “I will see you tomorrow when they go back to work. I want to see what Jake got too.”
Me too,” agreed Midge. “I will see you tomorrow. I'm going back in the house. It is cold out here this morning.”
Bye Midge,” said Booker-T as he hurried to the front yard and across to his house.
Midge hurried back inside where the house was warm and still filled with all the great holiday smells. She found her owner and her sister making cookies in the kitchen and fixing the ham for the big dinner they were going to have. “I think their boyfriends are coming for dinner with them,” thought Midge. “The house and food and all are looking so good.”
To all those people out there who read my stories about Jake, Booker-T and I, Happy Holidays to you all..whether you celebrate Christmas or another holiday at this time. Enjoy your special day .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T