Friday, December 5, 2014

Midge offers to take Snappy to the Pond

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T. “Where are you?”
I'm in the back yard,” said Midge as she came around the corner of the house.
Are you ready to go to Jake's house?” asked Booker-T.
Jake just got here,” said Midge. “He came early so he could say hi to Snappy. Come on inside. He is in the house.”
Booker-T followed Midge to the back and into the house through her doggie door. They hurried across the kitchen floor to the living room.
Hey Jake!” said Booker-T as he entered the room.
Hi Booker-T,” greeted Jake. “What are you doing?”

I came to get Midge to go to your house,” replied Booker-T. “But I see you are already here.”
I came to see Snappy,” said Jake.
That's good,” smiled Booker-T. “I know he misses us sometimes, but I know he loves his new home.”
Want to go to the park with us, Snappy?” asked Midge.
I can't go now,” said Snappy. “I can't climb out of the tank.”
Jake could lift you out of the tank and carry you with us if you want to go with us,” suggested Midge.
Midge!” said Jake with a surprised look. “Ho do you think I can do that? I can't reach inside the tank.”
We can push a stool up to the tank and you can climb on it and reach him,” suggested Midge.
I'll help you push the stool, Midge,” said Booker-T.
It is a big risk for Snappy,” said Jake. “I wouldn't want to drop him and he get hurt.”
I know you would be careful,” said Midge.
Snappy?” asked Jake. “What do you think? I don't want to hurt you.”
Okay Jake,” said Snappy with a worried look. “I never had a dog carry me before.”
Are you scared?” asked Booker-T.
It would be very scary, I think,” said Snappy. “It would be nice to see the pond again, but I think it would be better for me to stay here where it is safe.”
Are you sure Snappy,” asked Midge. “I don't think Jake would mind carrying you if you really want to go.”
Maybe another time we can try,” said Snappy. “I will think about it. That is a long way to go carrying me.”
Maybe Jake could carry you around the room and see how that works out before he takes you outside on a long walk,” suggested Booker-T.
I know what we can do, Jake,” said Midge.
Oh no,” said Booker-T. “One of Midge's bright ideas. Look out Snappy!”
Aren't you the funny one, Booker-T,” said Midge. “You have to admit that sometimes my ideas are good ones.”
I have to admit,” said Jake. “Yes, sometimes you do have a good idea, but I don't know about this one.”
You have not heard it yet,” smiled Midge. “How do you know it won't work? Do you want to hear it?”
Okay Midge,” said Booker-T. “Tell us your idea.”
My owner has a small wagon in the back yard,” said Midge. “We could put Snappy in it and pull the wagon to the park.”
We still have to get Snappy out of the tank and then into the wagon without hurting him,” said Jake.
Maybe you can try that next time, Jake,” said Snappy.
Okay,” agreed Jake. “We will try the next time I am here to put you into the wagon.”
That might be fun riding around in a wagon,” smiled Snappy. “Sure beats my slow walking.”
Our owner used to pull me around in the wagon when I was a little pupply,” said Midge. “It was fun.”
Are you guys ready to go to the park?” asked Jake.
I'm ready,” said Midge.
Me too,” said Booker-T. “We will see you later Snappy.”
Bye guys,” said Snappy as he watched everyone leave the room.
Bye Snappy,” called Midge as she went through the kitchen door.
Snappy crossed the tank and tried to see them out the window as they went past it, but they were too low and he could not see them. He was thinking it might be fun to go with them sometime, but he was little scared to have Jake carry him all the way to the park.
Midge and the others hurried along the sidewalk going to the park. Booker-T found a small ball in the street that he thought maybe a young boy lost. He kicked it and it rolled under Midge.
What are you doing?” asked Midge. “Where did you get that?”
It was in the street,” said Booker-T. “Maybe a little boy lost his ball.”
Do you want to take it to the park and play with it?” asked Jake.
No,” said Midge. “The little boy or girl might come looking for it. It is not ours to take with us.”
I know you are right,” said Jake. “You have a ball in your box of toys, don't you Midge?”
I have two small balls my owner got for me,” said Midge. “She likes to throw the ball and have me bring it back to her and then we do it all over again. She never seems to get tried tossing that little ball.”
Mine too,” laughed Jake. “She is always wanting to play ball with me.”
It is fun,” said Midge. “Do you ever play ball with your owner, Booker-T?”
Sometimes,” said Booker-T. “She got me something she called a Nerf Ball. It is easier for me to chase and pick up than the harder balls you play with.”
Good,” said Jake. “I don't think too many cats like to play ball.”
I started to play ball with Midge a little,” said Booker-T. “It was fun. I know Susie didn't like to play fetch. Don't think she knew how to go get it and bring it back. She liked to push around the ball and chase it that way.”
That is fun too,” said Midge.
I'll race you to the pond,” said Jake as they entered the park.
Okay,” said Midge as she took off running with Booker-T coming behind her.
See you there,” laughed Jake as he ran past her and Booker-T.

Midge and Booker-T hurried to try and catch up to Jake but he was just too fast for them. He was sitting at the pond when they got there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T