Thursday, February 12, 2015

Wishing for Summer

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T as he entered the house.
Hi Booker-T,” said Midge. “Are you ready to go to Jake's house?”
Yes” said Booker-T. “I want to go say hi to Snappy before we go.”
The two ran to the living room and Booker-T leaped into the chair and onto the tank.
Hi Snappy!” greeted Booker-T looking down into the tank.
HI Booker-T,” smiled Snappy. “What are you doing?”
Midge and I are going to Jake's house in the snow,” said Booker-T.
It is too cold out there,” said Snappy.
I know,” said Booker-T. “And there is a lot of snow on the ground, but people got all the snow off the sidewalks so it is only cold and wet right now.”

But is is too cold,” said Snappy. “Don't stay in the cold too long.”
We will come back later,” said Midge.
Bye Snappy,” said Booker-T as he jumped down to the floor.
Bye,” smiled Snappy.
See you later,” said Midge.
Okay,” said Snappy.
Booker-T and Midge hurried along the sidewalk to Jake's house.
Hey Jake!” called Midge as they entered the yard. “Where are you?”
I'm right here,” said Jake jumping down from the swing. “Where have you been?”
Booker-T came to see Snappy before we came,” said Midge.
We didn't stay long,” said Booker-T. “Why didn't you wait in the house where it is warm?”
I just came outside a few minutes ago,” said Jake. “Are we sure we want to go play in the park today?”
Maybe,” smiled Midge. “Lets go and see how it is.”
They hurried along the cold sidewalk when suddenly Jake was on his rear end sliding on the sidewalk.
Jake!” called out Midge. “What are you doing?”
I was just running and suddenly I was down here sliding,” said Jake as he stood up. “I think there was ice on that part of the sidewalk.”
Booker-T was just standing there laughing so hard. “Jake, you looked so funny.”
It didn't feel too funny,” said Jake. “I wasn't ready for that.”
Are you okay?” asked Midge.
I feel okay,” said Jake. “The back end is a little sore.”
That looked like fun,” laughed Midge. “Do you think the pond will be frozen?”
It's too cold to go swimming,” said Jake.
I don't want to swim,” said Midge. “I thought we could slide on it if it is frozen.”
It might be,” said Booker-T. “But the ice is very cold on the back side.”
It sure is,” said Jake.
We need some pants,” said Midge.
And where are we going to get some pants?” asked Jake.
I don't know,” said Midge shaking her head. “I was just thinking out loud again.”
Can you ask the Spring time to hurry and get here?” asked Booker-T. “I'm tired of all the cold weather now.”
I wish I knew how to do that,” said Jake. “I would just skip Spring and go straight into Summer.”
Why?” asked Midge.
I love the Summer,” replied Jake.
Me too,” agreed Booker-T. “it is the best time of the year. Hot all the time.”
I like both the Spring and the Summer” said Midge. “Sometimes the Fall is good too, but Winter is too cold.”
I think we are wishing for something that will never happen,” said Jake.
It is nice to dream though,” said Booker-T.
Maybe if we think about the warm weather,” said Midge. “We will forget about feeling cold.”
The three hurried along the sidewalk and ran across the snow covered park to the little pond. They saw four kids skating on the frozen pond.
That's what we need,” said Midge.
What?” asked Booker-T.
Those things on their feet,” said Midge.
Oh no,” said Jake. “I don't think so. We would for sure end up on our back sides. Can you stand up on those think things?”
Not me,” said Booker-T. “I will just keep my feet on the ground. I have seen some of the kids who can't even stand up on them.”
I'm cold,” said Jake. “Lets go back to your house Midge and we can visit with Snappy and warm up.”
I like that idea,” smiled Booker-T.
Okay,” agreed Midge. “I'm cold too.”
The three ran along the sidewalk to Midge's house and hurried inside where it was warm. Jake and Midge laid down where the heat of the vents blew on them and soon had drifted off to sleep. After saying hello to Snappy, Booker-T curled up next to them to warm up in the blowing heat.
Hey you guys,” said Midge. “It is getting late now. I think we slept for two hours.”
I think it is time for Booker-T and I to go home,” said Jake. “We will see you in the morning again.”
Maybe tomorrow the snow will melt away,” said Booker-T.
When will Spring be here?” asked Jake.
I think we have another month or two before it comes,” said Midge. “I am not sure. My owner hasn't said anything about it to anyone so I don't know.”
I hope it comes soon,” said Jake. “I am ready for the warm weather to come so we can play outside more.”
See you tomorrow,” said Booker-T as he hurried out the doggie door to go home.

Bye guys,” said Midge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T