Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Snow Continues to Fall

Midge ran outside in the morning to take care of business while she waited for Booker-T and Jake to come. The snow was still falling. She was standing there laughing when Jake came around the corner.
What is so funny?” asked Jake. “You look like you are having fun.”
The snowflakes tickle my nose,” said Midge.
You mean your nose isn't frozen after diving into the snow like you did yesterday?” asked Jake. “You really looked so funny all covered with snow.”
You make a really good snowdog, Midge,” said Booker-T as he joined the two in the backyard.
It was very cold,” said Midge. “But it was fun sliding down the hill but I couldn't make the sled stop till it hit that spot at the bottom of the hill and I flew off.”

Your legs aren't long enough to sit on the sled and steer it,” said Jake. “And too hard to control it with you mouth.”
Why didn't you jump off?” asked Booker-T.
I tried, but it was going too fast,” said Midge. “I was hoping it would slide right over that pile of snow.”
You sure looked funny with your feet sticking up in the air,” laughed Booker-T.
Thanks for pulling me out of the snow,” said Midge. “I couldn't breathe in there and it was so dark. Did you know it is dark under the snow?”
We can try that again another day on a small hill if you want,” said Jake. “But I don't want to go flying into the snow like that.”
Maybe we can try tomorrow,” suggested Booker-T. “It is still snowing out here. There should be plenty of snow on the hill.”
Okay,” agreed Midge. “Come on inside and visit with Snappy today.”
The three entered the house through the doggie door and headed to the living room where Snappy was splashing around in his little pond.
Jake quickly leaped into the chair and peaked over the top of the tank. “Hi Snappy,” aid Jake.
Hi you guys,” said Snappy looking back and forth from Jake on one end of the tank to Midge and Booker-T at the other end.
Oh,” said Booker-T. “You have some new flowers in the tank. They are really pretty.”
She put them in this morning when she cleaned out the tank for me,” said Snappy. “I like the pink and white flowers.”
Did Midge tell you how funny she was yesterday flying into the snow bank?” asked Jake.
She old me she flew into that snow bank,” said Snappy. “She didn't say it was funny.”
She looked funny with her legs sticking up in the air wiggling,” said Booker-T. “Jake hurried and pulled her out.”
That must have looked funny,” suggested Snappy. “Wish I could have seen that.”
Ha ha ha all of you,” said Midge. “It was fun riding that sled.”
And you even got to fly without feathers,” said Jake. “You did two things at one time. You rode the sled and you flew.”
I still want to fly,” said Midge. “I think I can make it work.”
How?” asked Snappy.
I think if Gabby gets me some feathers,” said Midge. “Jake and Booker-T can stick them to me with tree sap.”
You think that will keep the feathers on you so you can fly?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “That stuff is really sticky.”
I still think you are too heavy to stay up there in the air like Gabby,” said Jake.
One of these days I will try,” said Midge.
Do you want to ride the sled Booker-T?” asked Snappy.
Oh no,” said Booker-T shaking his head. “I like my feet on the ground, even if they are frozen.”
I don't like the snow,” said Snappy. “I was too small and the snow was always too deep for me at the pond. It is much better in here now.”
Maybe when the weather is warm and the grass is green, Jake can pull you to the park for a visit in the wagon,” suggested Midge.
It would be nice to visit but am happy here in my new home,” said Snappy. “The weather is always the same in here every day.”
I would like that too,” laughed Jake. “I am tired of all the snow.”
Do you want to stay here and play today?” asked Midge. “It is so cold out there and still snowing a lot.”
That sounds like a good idea,” agreed Booker-T.
I can take you out of the tank and let you crawl around on the floor if you want,” said Jake.
That's okay,” said Snappy. “I will watch you play from up here.”
Okay,” said Jake. “Do you have anything to eat Midge?”
I think there is still some food in my dish in the kitchen,” said Midge.

The three ran to the kitchen to see what Midge had to eat. Her bowl was full of fresh food that her owner put down this morning before leaving for work. They shared the food and drank some water and were ready for a short nap.. They ran back to the living room and curled up on the sofa and soon were fast asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T