Friday, October 21, 2016

Midge Tells A Story

  “Hey Booker-T!” called Midge from the back yard when she saw him digging in the back. “What are you doing?”
“Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “I was just playing around. What are you doing this morning?”
“Nothing,” said Midge. “Come on over and say hi to Snappy.”
“I will be there in a few minutes,” said Booker-T as he ran to the front of the house.
Booker-T hurried to Midge's house and met her in the back yard. He followed her into the house and they hurried to the living room where Snappy was sitting on a small log in his tank.
“Hi Snappy!” smiled Booker-T.
“Hi Booker-T,” greeted Snappy. “What are you doing? I'm so happy you came to see me.”
“Midge asked me to come in,” said Booker-T. “I am always happy to come see you. Do you miss being at the pond in the park?”
“Oh no,” said Snappy. “My little home here is really nice. I miss seeing you guys sometimes, but Midge is here all the time, so I'm not lonely.”

“It is a nice little home,” said Booker-T.
“My owner cleans it out once a week and gives his home a new look so he don't get bored,” said Midge. “She makes it really nice for him. We do miss you too when we go to the pond for a swim.”
“But now you have that nice pond in the back yard,” said Midge. “It's fun and we don't have to walk a long way to get there.”
“And we have a new little froggie friend,” said Midge. “He's at the pond all the time. I hope when winter comes, he won't be too cold out there.”
“He probably knows how to keep warm,” said Booker-T trying to keep Midge from worrying about their new little friend.
“Tell me the story Midge,” said Snappy. “Do you know the story Booker-T?”
“No,” said Booker-T. “What story?”
“Midge said she had a story to tell me,” said Snappy. “I want to hear the story.”
“What story?” asked Jake as he entered the room and heard Snappy ask about a story.
“Midge has a story,” said Booker-T. “Snappy said she was going to tell him a story.”
“I like stories,” said Jake as he sat down in front of Snappy's tank waiting for Midge to tell them the story.
“Do you really want to hear my story?” asked Midge with a big smile.
“Yes,” said Jake. “You always have good stories to tell. I'm ready.”
“I'm ready too,” agreed Booker-T.
“Me too,” said Snappy.
“Okay,” said Midge as she started pacing back and forth in front of Booker-T and Jake.
“Why are you pacing?” asked Jake. “Just stand still or sit down and tell us the story.”
“I think better when I am pacing,” said Midge.
“You are making me nervous,” said Booker-T.
“Okay, okay,” said Midge as she sat down in the chair next to the tank.
Snappy crawled onto the log and waited for Midge to start her story.
“The morning was nice,” said Midge. “Booker-T and I walked to Jake's house and I had to tell him about the aliens.”
“What aliens?” asked Snappy.
“There were these two aliens near the school,” continued Midge. “I saw them and hurried to tell Jake. I just knew that the aliens had really landed this time.”
“Were they scary?” asked Snappy.
“I thought they were,” said Midge. “So I hurried to tell Jake.”
“Did he believe you?” asked Snappy. “I remember you thought a balloon was a space ship one time and that the aliens had landed.”
“He didn't really believe me,” said Midge. “But he came with me to check it out.”
“I know how Midge gets sometimes,” laughed Jake. “But I followed her to the school and she was right. There were two aliens standing in the school yard.”
“Was there a space ship?” asked Snappy.
“This is my story,” sighed Midge.
“Sorry Midge,” said Jake. “Go ahead and tell your story.”
“Yes,” said Booker-T. “Get to the good part.”
“Well, Snappy,” said Midge. “We got to the school and we heard them talking about invading our planet.”
“Really!” said Snappy. “They really were here?”
“Well, not really,” said Jake.
“We decided to hurry back home,” said Midge. “We didn't want the aliens to see us.”
“Did they see you?” asked Snappy.
“No,” said Booker-T.
“We were hurrying home when Gabby flew down and wanted to know where we were going in a hurry,” said Midge. “We told him the aliens had landed and were going to invade us.”
“Wow,” said Snappy. “Was Gabby scared?”
“No,” said Midge. “He just laughed.”
“Gabby is brave,” said Snappy.
“Gabby knew the truth,” said Jake.
“Gabby told us they were making a movie at that little park near the school,” said Midge.
“A movie?” asked Snappy.
“He said it was called The Alien Invasion of Earth,” said Midge. “But they sure looked like they could have been real aliens and they were talking about invading earth when we heard them.”
“I'm really happy we aren't being invaded by aliens,” said Snappy.
“Me too,” said Booker-T. “I like scary movies so maybe we can watch it when it is finished making.”
“Did you go back and watch them make the movie?” asked Snappy.
“No,” sighed Midge. “Jake wanted to go home. Booker-T and I went back to Jake's house with him.”
“What did the aliens look like?” asked Snappy.
“They were dressed in grey tight suits,” said Jake.
“Like divers use,” said Midge. “Then they had these big heads with big eyes and no hair. You didn't know which one was a boy and which one was a girl until they started talking.”
“It would have been fun to watch them making the movie,” said Snappy.
“Midge wanted to be in it,” said Jake. “I didn't want to be in a movie.”
“That would have been fun,” said Snappy. “Is that all of the story?”
“No,” said Midge. “Wait, I have to run outside a minute. I will tell you the rest of the story in a few minutes.
Midge ran out of the room and left them waiting to hear the rest of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T