Thursday, October 6, 2016

Space Aliens Are Here

“Jake! Jake!” called Midge and she and Booker-T ran into the yard at Jake's house.
“Where are you?” called Booker-T. “Jake!”
Jake came running around the corner of the house and quickly stopped in front of Midge. “What is going on? Why are you all excited?”
“Jake,” said Midge trying to catch her breath. “The space aliens have landed. They are here, Jake!”
“Midge,” said Jake. “Slow down. Remember when you came running telling me the aliens had landed and it turned out to be a hot air balloon and the next time it was an advertisement for a new cafe. How do you know that is a real thing?”
“I saw them too Jake,” said Booker-T as he paced back and forth.
“Where are they?” asked Jake.

“They are near the school grounds,” said Midge. “I saw the police out there too.”
“Come on Jake,” said Booker-T. “We will show you. There are space aliens in the school grounds.”
“Did they have a spaceship?” asked Jake.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “We didn't see a ship. We saw them and ran all the way over here. We better hurry.”
“Are you sure you want to go to the school if these are real space aliens?” asked Jake.
“We want you to see them,” said Midge.
“Yes, yes,” said Booker-T. “Come on, we will show you.”
Jake gave in and followed Midge out of the gate with Booker-T following behind. They hurried along the sidewalk and when they neared the school, they could see police cars blocking the street. They sat down on the corner.
“Look over there Jake,” said Midge. “The police are talking to those near the school.”
“Do you see them Jake?” asked Booker-T.
“I see,” said Jake. “But I am not believing what I see. Wow, you are right Midge. This time there really are aliens. I wonder what they are telling the police.”
“Why don't the police arrest them?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake.
“Where are they from?” asked Midge. “Did they come down here from space?”
“I don't know,” said Jake.
“Maybe we can walk over there,” suggested Midge.
“I don't want to go over there,” said Booker-T. “They might take us into space. I want to stay here.”
“Go check Jake,” said Midge.
“Why do you want me to go?” asked Jake. “They look scary.”
“They sure have big eyes,” said Midge. “And little heads shaped funny. Should I go?”
“You can go if you want,” suggested Jake. “Just walk over there like you know where you are going.”
Midge stood up and started to slowly walk toward the school. No one seemed to notice her coming close. She stood near the brick wall and stared up at the alien that stood on the other side of the wall.
The alien walked around the wall and stooped over and held out its hand to Midge. “Come on little one,” said the alien. “Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you.”
Midge backed up slightly and stood staring at the strange looking alien. “The voice sounds like a girl's voice,” thought Midge. “Wow, but don't look like a girl.
Another alien walked up and joined the one who was talking to Midge. “Who is this?” asked the second Alien with a male voice.
“Looks like a little lost pup,” she said. “She looks scared.”
“I'm sure we do look scary,” laughed the male alien.
The aliens speak our language,” thought Midge as she backed up a little more and looked around. “I wonder where their space ship is?”
Jake and Booker-T stood across the street watching Midge with the two aliens. “Do you think they will grab her Jake?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “I hope she will run fast if they try.”
“Do you want to walk over there?” asked Booker-T.
“Do you?” asked Jake.
“Not really,” said Booker-T. “But maybe we shouldn't leave her alone with the aliens.”
“Okay,” said Jake. “Lets go.”
Jake and Booker-T slowly walked to where Midge was standing. They came up behind her and Jake nudged her with his nose. She jumped up and quickly turned. “Jake!” shouted Midge. “You scared me. I just knew that the aliens got me.”
“Just Booker-T and me,” laughed Jake. “Did the aliens talk to you?”
“Yes,” said Midge. “They speak the same language we do.”
“What did they say to you?” asked Booker-T. “Did they want you to go with them?”
“They said I looked like a little lost pup,” said Midge. “I don't know if they wanted me to go with them or not. They said not to be afraid.”
“Were you afraid?” asked Jake.
“I think so,” said Midge.
“You don't know,” said Booker-T as he got close to Midge.
“Look,” said Jake as he got close to Midge. “There are three more coming this way.”
“Maybe we should go home,” suggested Midge.
“Look there,” said the alien with the girl's voice. “The little lost pup has two friends.”
“Aren't they cute,” said the other alien. “I think they are afraid of us.”
“They think we are afraid of them,” said Jake. “Do you want to go home?”
“I wanted to know what they are doing here,” said Midge.
“Maybe they want us to take them to our leader,” said Booker-T.
“Do you know who are leader is?” asked Jake. “I didn't think we had a leader.”
“Maybe we can make Gabby our leader,” suggested Midge. “I think he would make a good leader. He knows everything.”
“This looks like a good place to invade, don't you think Gyro?” asked the alien with the girl's voice.
“I think you are right, Seeka,” said Gyro. “This place has cute little animals.”
“Oh,” said Jake. “They are going to invade us.”
“What will do they do?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Midge. “What do invaders do Jake?”
“I think they take over the place and change it,” said Jake.
“How will they change it?” asked Booker-T. “I don't want my place changed. I like my home.”
“Me too,” said Midge.
“Lets get out of here,” said Jake. “I'm ready to go home.”
“Me too,” said Midge as the three of them started running back to Jake's house.
“Why are you running so fast?” asked Gabby as he swooped down above them.
“The aliens are going to invade us Gabby,” said Midge.
“What aliens?” asked Gabby.
“The ones in the park,” said Jake. “Go look.”
“Those aren't aliens,” laughed Gabby.
“Yes they are,” said Jake. “And they said they were going to invade this place.”
“No they aren't,” said Gabby. “They are actors making a movie.”
“A movie?” asked Booker-T.
“I watched them all day yesterday,” said Gabby. “They are making a movie called The Alien Invasion of Earth.”
“I want to be in the movies,” said Midge. “Lets go back.”
“I am ready to go home,” said Jake. “You can go back by yourself.”
“Oh Jake,” sighed Midge. “Don't you want to be in the movies?”
“No,” said Jake. “I am happy with my owner in my house. Now I'm hungry.”

Midge and Booker-T sighed and followed Jake on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T