Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Story Continues

“Midge!” called Snappy. “Where are you? I'm waiting for you to finish your story!”
“I'm coming,” said Midge as she came through the door back into the living room..
“What more can you add?” asked Jake. “We left there and went home.”
“We did,” agreed Booker-T. “But you know Midge.”
“Oh no,” said Jake. “What did she do?”
“Well, Booker-T and I left Jake's house and we started to walk home,” said Midge. “But I couldn't stop thinking about that movie they were making.”
“She talked me into going back to the school grounds where they were filming,” said Booker-T.
“I will bet it didn't take too much to talk you into it,” laughed Jake.

“Booker-T was easy to talk into going back,” said Midge.
“What happened when you got back to the school?” asked Snappy. “Hurry, tell me, tell me.”
“We got to the school and there were a little boy and girl and the aliens were talking to them,” said Midge. “They wanted the boy to take them to their leader.”
“Did the boy know who his leader was?” asked Jake.
“The boy thought they wanted to go see their dad,” laughed Midge. “The boy told the aliens that his dad was at work.”
“Did he take them?” asked Snappy.
“No,” said Midge. “He told the aliens that his dad was at work and the little girl said they had to go to school and couldn't leave.”
“What happened?” asked Snappy pressing his nose against the tank's glass.
“Did you sit there and watch them filming?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Booker-T.
“Booker-T and I ran up to the boy and girl and I put my paws on the little boy,” said Midge.
“You went into the film?” asked Jake.
“We sure did,” said Midge. “The alien asked if we were their cat and dog and they said no.”
“Did they get mad and run you out of there?” asked Snappy.
“No,” said Midge. “The man with the camera stopped the film yelling cut amd wanted to know what the dog and cat were doing in there.”
“Did he chase you away?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Booker-T.
“The two playing the aliens said they thought the man had sent us in there,” said Midge. “Then they said they were suppose to be invading earth and earth has dogs and cats so the man agreed to keep us in the scene and he just wanted to get it done.”
“So you got to be in the movie?” asked Snappy. “Wow, that is so cool. My friends are in a movie.”
“Well, when the kids wouldn't take them to their leader and walked away,” said Midge. “They turned to Booker-T and I and asked us to take them to our leader.”
“Wasn't that funny?” laughed Booker-T. “We don't know who are leader is?”
“Booker-T and I decided we needed to go home,” said Midge. “So we started walking away and they started following us.”
“We thought they would follow us home,” said Booker-T.
“Did they follow you to the house?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Midge. “Suddenly they stopped and I heard the man with the camera yell 'Cut, that's a wrap.'”
“What is a wrap?” asked Snappy.
“Booker-T asked me the same thing,” said Midge. “The only think I ever heard was my owner called her coat one time a wrap.”
“Maybe they were cold and needed a coat,” said Jake.
“But it wasn't cold outside,” said Midge.
“After that, we watched them put all the stuff into a big truck and they drove away,” said Booker-T.
“And we came home,” said Midge. “But we were in the movie.”
“That is really cool,” smiled Snappy. “I have two friends that are movie stars.”
“When will the movie be finished?” asked Jake.
“I don't know,” said Midge.
“Did you see any signs or posters about it?” asked Snappy.
“No,” said Midge. “But I saw on TV last night, when my owner was watching the news, that a new alien movie would be coming to theaters in December. That isn't too far away.”
“We can't go to the theater,” said Booker-T.
“Ha ha ha,” laughed Jake. “Leave it to Midge and she will find a way to get in.”
“I don't think it will be too easy to get into a theater,” said Booker-T. “There is always someone at the door watching.”
“Maybe,” said Midge. “We can wait til it comes on TV.”
“Midge without a plan to get into the theater,” laughed Jake. “The Midge we know would be thinking of an idea.”
“Maybe I am, “ smiled Midge. “You know me.”
“Oh yes, we do,” said Booker-T.
“We have to find out when it will be at the movies first,” said Midge. “Then we can think of a way to get in.”
“Wouldn't it be easier to watch it on TV when it comes out?” asked Snappy.
“But it will be fun trying to sneak in and see it on the big screen,” smiled Midge.
“Midge, sneaking in without paying isn't the right thing to do,” said Jake.
“But we don't have any money,” said Midge.
“I know,” said Jake. “So we will wait til it comes to those round things our owners get sometimes.”
“Oh, the DVDs I think they call them,” said Midge.
“Yes,” said Jake.
“Jake is right Midge,” said Booker-T. “ We would get into lot of trouble if we sneak into a movie without giving them money.”
“Ok Jake,” said Midge. “We will wait. I wonder how long it will be?”
“I don't know,” laughed Booker-T.
“It will be fun to see us on TV,” said Midge. “We will be stars.”
“They don't even know our names,” said Booker-T.
“Maybe they will give you names like they do the actors,” said Jake.
“Wait til my owner sees me on the TV screen,” said Midge. “She will be so surprised.”
“But if they don't use our real names,” said Booker-T. “How will they know it is us?”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Maybe they won't know. That is okay. We know.”
“I guess as long as we know,” said Booker-T. “That is all that counts.”
“Let's go to the park,” said Jake. “We will see you later Snappy.”

“Bye guys,” said Snappy as the three left the room through the kitchen door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T