Friday, September 7, 2018

Midge's Adventure


“Hey Booker-T,” smiled Jake as he got to the gate.
“Hi Jake,” said Booker-T. “Are you going to Midge's house?”
“Yes,” said Jake. “Come on, lets go see her and Snappy.”
“Midge isn't home,” said Booker-T. “I saw her getting in the car and go away with her owner.”
“She didn't tell you she was going?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Booker-T. “I saw her going away early this morning.”
“Is this her vet day?” asked Jake. “I forget when it was.”
“I don't think so,” said Booker-T. “Maybe her owner took her to the kennels. Lets go see.”

They walked along the sidewalk to the school. Behind the school was the vet's office and the kennel. They hurried across the front of the building to the back. They found a black Terrier playing in the fenced in yard in back. Jake poked his nose against the fence. “Hi,” said Jake.
“Are you talking to me?' asked the black Terrier
“Yes,” said Jake.
“What are you doing?” asked the terrier.
“Do you know if there is a new Cocker spaniel dog in the kennel today?” asked Jake.
“She would be white with black spots,” added Booker-T.
“I didn't see one,” said the terrier.
“Are you sure?” asked Booker-T.
“How long have you been outside?” asked Jake.
“I don't know,” said the terrier. “Who is the black and white dog?”
“She is our friend,” said Jake. “Will you go look inside?”
“Sure,” agreed the terrier as he ran to the doggie door in the back of the building and slipped inside.
Booker-T and Jake sat down and waited for him to come back. It seemed like a long time had passed when he finally came back outside and ran to where they sat outside of the fenced yard.
“Did you see her?” asked Jake.
“No black and white dogs or cats inside,” said the terrier.
“Thank you for checking,” smiled Booker-T. “What is your name?”
“I'm Terry Lee,” said the little Terrier. “Why are you looking for your friend?”
“I'm Jake, and this is Booker-T,” said Jake. “Our friend's name is Midge. Booker-T saw Midge getting into a car this morning and we thought maybe her owner brought her here for a few days.”
“Not here,” said Terry Lee. “I hope you find your friend.”
“How long are you staying here?” asked Booker-T.
“My owner told them she needed them to care for me for about a week,” said Terry Lee.
“Are you having fun?” asked Jake.
“This is a good place,” said Terry Lee. “I like it here. My owner is friends with the lady who works here.”
“Well, maybe Midge's owner took her along this time,” said Jake. “She didn't tell us she was going anywhere.”
“Sometimes my owner takes me and I never know until I'm in the car,” said Terry Lee. “Maybe your friend's owner took and she didn't know til she was getting into the car.”
“Maybe,” sighed Booker-T.
“You miss her, don't you,” said Terry Lee.
“We do,” said Jake. “Where do you live when you aren't in the kennel?”
“I live in a big white and yellow house near the big farm,” said Terry Lee.
“We know where that is,” said Booker-T. “Would you like to be our friend?
“I'd like that,” said Terry Lee. “I don't know anyone here but the cows and horses at the farm. Did you meet them?”
“We did,” said Jake. “Midge likes going to see them.”
“We are going to the park,” said Booker-T. “We will find out where Midge went when she gets home.”
“See you later, Terry Lee,” said Jake.
“Bye you two guys,” said Terry Lee.
Jake and Booker-T walked back to Jake's house. “What do you want to do?” asked Booker-T.
“I don't know,” said Jake. “What do you want to do?”
“I don't know,” said Booker-T. “It's not the same without Midge. I wonder where she went.”
“I guess we will have to wait for her to come home,” said Jake.
Two days passed and Jake and Booker-T just laid around and waited on Midge to come home. They were sitting in the yard at Booker-T's house when the car pulled up in front of Midge's house and out came Midge.
“Midge!” called Jake as he ran to the house with Booker-T following behind.
“Wait for me!” said Booker-T.
They ran into the yard through the gate. “Midge,” said Jake. “Where have you been?”
“We missed you,” said Booker-T.
“I was flying,” smiled Midge. “I was really flying.”
“You can't fly,” said Booker-T.
“ I can when I am in a plane,” smiled Midge.
“You were in a plane?” asked Jake.
“Yes,” said Midge.
“Why?” asked Jake.
“My owner had to fly somewhere for business and she was going to be on a ranch for a couple of days so she took me with her,” said Midge. “We went in a small private plane. It was so much fun and we were way up high in the air. I could see the ground from the window.”
“You weren't afraid?” asked Jake.
“No,” said Midge. “It was fun.”
“Wow,” said Booker-T. “You got to go on a flying adventure.”
“You finally got your wish,” laughed Jake.
“My wish?” asked Midge.
“You have always wanted to fly and now you have,” smiled Jake.
“And I didn't need wings to fly,” said Midge. “They plane had wings. I just sat there and it flew me through the air.”
“Did you like the ranch?” asked Jake.
“It was fun too,” said Midge. “Lot of horses and a collie dog, named Laddie.”
“Do you like it in the country?” asked Booker-T.
“It was different and it was fun,” said Midge. “But I missed you guys too.”
“We missed you too, Midge,” said Jake. Playing is no fun without you here.”

1 comment:

  1. another great adventure for the gang, going places and making new friends

    ReplyDelete

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T