Friday, October 19, 2018

The Lost Bone


Midge was running around the house looking under the furniture and in the corners.
“What are you looking for Midge?” asked Snappy.
“Do you know where I put my bone?” asked Midge.
“No,” said Snappy. “I didn't know you had a bone. Where did you see it the last time?”
“I had it two days ago,” said Midge. “I was laying here on the floor and chewing on it.”
“Did you finish the bone?” asked Snappy.
“I don't think so,” said Midge.
“Maybe your owner picked it up if you left it on the floor,” suggested Snappy. “She is always cleaning the house.”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “Do you think she would throw it away?”

“I don't think she would do that to your bone,” said Snappy. “She knows you like your bones.”
Midge started going through the house again looking for her bone. She went back to the bedroom to look in there when Booker-T entered the house through the doggie door.
“Hi Booker-T,” said Snappy when he saw him enter the room.
“Hi Snappy,” smiled Booker-T. “Where is Midge?”
“She is in the bedroom looking for a bone,” said Snappy.
“Why is she looking for a bone?' asked Booker-T.
“She lost one,” said Snappy.
“Where?” asked Booker-T.
“She said she was chewing on it two days ago and now she can't find it,” said Snappy.
“Maybe she ate it all,” suggested Booker-T.
“I asked her that,” said Snappy.
“Hey Booker-T,” greeted Midge as she entered the room.
“Hi Midge,” said Booker-T. “Snappy said you lost your bone.”
“I can't find it,” sighed Midge.
“Did you eat it all?” asked Booker-T. “And forgot you did.”
“I don't think so,” said Midge. “I was laying on the floor near the chair and chewing on the bone when my owner was watching a movie.”
“Did she put the bone in your bed?” asked Booker-T. “I remember you looking for it one day and it was in your bed.”
Midge ran to the bedroom. In a few minutes she came walking back to the living room, with a bone in her mouth.
“You found it,” said Booker-T.
“You were right,” smiled Midge. “It was in my bed.”
“Did you sleep with your bone last night?” asked Snappy.
“I slept on the end of the bed last night,” said Midge. “Does your owner throw away your bones?
“I don't eat fake bones,” said Booker-T. “She gives me little chicken bones and I finish them.”
“Do you like them?” asked Midge.
“I like them,” said Booker-T. “I like the big bones too, but my owner only gives me the little ones.”
“Why?” asked Midge.
“I don't know,” said Booker-T.
“Maybe because you are a little cat,” said Snappy. “She don't think you can eat the big bones.”
“I can't eat the big bones,” said Booker-T. “But I like to chew on them a little, but I eat all the chicken bones. They are my favorite.”
“She gives me real bones too,” said Midge. “You eat fake fish.”
“I like my fake fish,” said Booker-T. “They taste just like real fish, but real would be better.”
“I know,” agreed Midge. “I like fish too, but my favorite is meat.”
“What kind of bone is that?” asked Booker-T.
“Jake told me they were something called rawhide,” said Midge.
“Rawhide?” asked Booker-T. “What kind of bone is that?”
“I don't know,” said Midge. “They are for us dogs to chew on. Jake might know what they are.”
“Hi there everyone,” said Jake as he came into the room. “I thought you two were coming to my house so we can go to the zoo.”
“Oh, I forgot,” said Midge. “I'm sorry Jake.”
“She was looking for her lost bone,” laughed Booker-T.
“Did you find it?” asked Jake. “I can help you look.”
“I found it in my bed,” said Midge. “I think my owner put it in the bed the other night when I was done chewing on it.”
“What kind of bones are the Rawhide bones?” asked Booker-T.
“They are chewy type bones for dogs,” said Jake. “I like them too.”
“Are they good?” asked Booker-T. “Can I try your bone?”
“They are good,” said Midge. “You want to try one. You can taste mine.”
Midge dropped the bone in front of Booker-T. He looked at the bone and back at Midge.
“Are you sure it is okay?” asked Booker-T.
“Yes, You can try it,” said Midge. “Be careful when you chew on it.”
“Will it hurt me?” asked Booker-T.
“No,” said Jake. “Taste it.”
Booker-T leaned down and picked up the bone in his teeth and began chewing on it.
“Do you like it?” asked Midge as she and Jake watched him chewing on the bone.
“Yummy,” smiled Booker-T. “But it would take long time to eat.”
“I know,” laughed Midge. “I have been chewing on that bone for 3 days now.”
“Long time,” said Booker-T. “Do they have these bones for cats?”
“I don't know,” said Jake. “Your owner knows.”
“But how do I tell them to buy me one?” asked Booker-T.
“Do you want to take my bone home?” asked Midge.
“You will let me take your bone?” asked Booker-T.
“Sure,” said Midge. “I will share it with you. My owner maybe has more of them in the closet in the kitchen. She always buys those boxes that have five of them in it.”
“Thanks Midge,” smiled Booker-T. “If she sees me chewing on it, maybe she will get me some more.”
“Do you guys want to go to the zoo?” asked Jake. “I think Gabby said there was a new animal there.”
“Did he say what kind of animal is there?” asked Midge.
“No,” said Jake. “Lets go and see what is there.”
Booker-T picked up the bone and carried it with him out the door. As they past his yard, Booker-T ran inside to take the bone. He hurried back outside the three walked to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T