Friday, March 3, 2023

A Case of Murder?

 

Jake, Lucy and Booker-T ran around to the back yard at Midge's house. One by one, they crawled through the doggie door and crossed the kitchen floor into the living room. They found Midge walking around the room looking at the floor and in her mouth was something that looked like a magnifying glass.

Hey Midge!” said Jake. “What are you doing?”

I'm looking for clues,” said Midge.

Clues for what?” asked Booker-T. “Did you loose something?”

I'm Midge, the super detective,” smiled Midge.

What are you detecting?” laughed Booker-T.

You are a dog detective?” asked Lucy.

What kind of clues are you looking for?” asked Jake.

I'm working on a case,” said Midge. “I am looking for clues. I don't know what kind of clues until I find them.”

You have a case,” laughed Booker-T.

What kind of case?” asked Jake.

A murder case,” smiled Midge.

A what?” asked Lucy.

It's a murder case,” said Midge. “Do you want to be my deputy detectives?”

Who was murdered?” asked Jake.

Blinky Ant,” said Midge sitting down and putting the magnifying glass on the coffee table.

I'm a deputy,” said Snappy. “I've been looking for clues in my tank. But no clues here.”

Who hired you with the case?” asked Booker-T playing along with what he thinks is a game Midge is playing. “She's been watching detective movies with her owner again.”

Adam Ant hired me,” said Midge. “He said Blinky was killed.”

When?” asked Lucy.

When what?” asked Midge.

When did Blinky die?” asked Lucy, playing along.

Last night,” said Midge. “Adam Ant came to see me early this morning in the bedroom.”

Oh,” said Booker-T. “Where did Blinky die?”

In the kitchen,” said Midge. “Are you going to be my deputies?”

Maybe,” said Jake. “Did you see Blinky?”

No,” said Midge.

Then how do you know he died?” asked Lucy.

Adam Ant said he was,” said Midge. “Snappy and I talked to him this morning.”

Snappy is in on this too,” said Booker-T.

In on what?” asked Midge.

Aren't we playing a mystery game?” asked Jake.

No,” said Midge shaking her head.

Adam Ant is in my tank sitting on the log,” said Snappy. “Blinky is his brother.”

Aren't all ants in the same family?” asked Lucy.

I think so,” said Jake. “They all live in a hole in the ground.”

Do you want to help?” asked Midge. “I told Adam Ant I would try to find out what happened to Blinky.”

Maybe Blinky ran home to the hole in the ground,” suggested Booker-T.

Maybe,” said Midge. “Adam Ant said the last time he saw Blinky, he was in the kitchen.”

Did Adam Ant see Blinky killed?” asked Lucy.

No,” said Midge.

Than how does he know that Blinky was killed?” asked Booker-T.

Hmmm,” said Midge. “I don't know. He said Blinky wasn't home and he couldn't find him in here so he said he was killed.”

Maybe he ran away from home,” suggested Jake. “With all those ants in one hole, it must get crowded in there.”

Maybe it's a missing ant case,” suggested Lucy.

Midge jumped into the chair and put her paws on top of the tank and poked her nose over the edge of the tank.

Hey Adam,” called Midge. “Where are you?”

I think he is sleeping, Midge,” said Snappy. “Do you want me to wake him up?”

Yes,” said Midge.

Snappy crawled under the log and behind the rock at the bottom of the tank looking for Adam Ant.

Adam,” said Snappy looking around. “Where are you hiding?”

Snappy crawled out from under the log and climbed on top of it.

Did you find him?” asked Midge.

He's not here,” sighed Snappy.

Maybe he went back home,” said Lucy.

He disappeared?” asked Booker-T.

I think so,” said Midge. “Maybe he went home looking for Blinky there.”

Maybe,” said Jake. “I think Blinky and Adam Ant are playing games with you.”

Why?” asked Midge.

They are tricking you,” laughed Booker-T.

Sitting on the top of the windowsill sits Blinky and Adam Ant laughing at Midge.

Hi Midge,” said Adam Ant. “We are up here. I found Blinky.”

What are you doing?” sighed Midge. “You tricked me, didn't you?”

A little,” said Adam Ant. “I couldn't find Blinky and so I thought I would have some fun with you.”

That was mean,” said Midge. “I thought Blinky was killed.”

I'm sorry Midge,” said Adam Ant. “I heard you say after the movie your owner was watching, that you wanted to be a detective. So I gave you a case to work.”

So it was all a game,” said Lucy.

Yes,” smiled Adam Ant.

It was fun being a detective,” said Midge with a slight smile. “I can be Midge the Super Detective.”

My friend, the super detective,” laughed Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T