Friday, March 24, 2023

Where Are You Midge

 

Midge ran to the kitchen as her owner got her bowl and filled it with food and gave her fresh water in the other bowl before getting ready to go to work. Midge crawled through the doggie door into the back yard to take care of her doggie business and then hurried back inside to eat her breakfast. She was finishing up when Booker-T crawled through the door into the kitchen.

Hi Midge,” greeted Booker-T. “What are you doing?”

I just finished eating breakfast,” replied Midge. “Did you eat your breakfast already?”

Yes,” smiled Booker-T. “Looks like your owner has been raking leaves out there in the yard.”

Her brother did it yesterday,” said Midge. “I was having fun jumping in the leaves when he was doing it.”

Lets go play in the leaves,” said Booker-T. “That is fun.”

Okay, lets go say hi to Snappy first,” said Midge.

Booker-T followed Midge to the living room where he jumped into the chair next to Snappy's tank. “He Snappy!” said Booker-T.

Hi there,” said Snappy. “What are you doing?”

I came to play with Midge and I think Jake and Lucy are coming too,” said Booker-T.

We are going to play in the leaves that are piled up in the yard,” said Midge.

Is that fun?” asked Snappy.

It is lot of fun,” said Midge.

You can hide from Jake and Lucy under the leaves,” said Snappy.

Hey Midge!” said Booker-T. “That would be fun.”

What?” asked Midge.

Hide from Jake and Lucy when they come,” said Booker-T. “Wouldn't that be funny to pop up out of the leaves and scare them?”

Yes, that would be fun,” smiled Midge.

I see them coming now,” said Snappy looking out the window. “Go hide.”

Midge hurried through the doggie door and crawled under the big pile of leaves on the side of the house as Booker-T. Walked to the front of the house as Lucy and Jake came through the gate into the yard.

Hi Booker-T,” said Jake. “Where's Midge?”

I don't know,” said Booker-T. “I just got here.”

Did you go inside and see if she is in there?” asked Lucy.

I went inside and was talking to Snappy,” said Booker-T. “I didn't see here inside.”

Is this her vet day?” asked Jake.

No,” said Booker-T.

Did you ask Snappy where she was?” asked Lucy.

No,” said Booker-T. “Do you want to go ask him?”

Midge is under the leaves trying not to make a sound while she listened to them talking about her.

Lets go inside and ask Snappy is he knows where Midge is,” suggested Jake.

The three of them started to walk around the house to the back door. As they started to walk past the big pile of leaves, suddenly Midge leaped out of the pile and hollered “Boo!”

Hey!” said Lucy. “You scared me!”

What are you doing?” asked Jake.

Booker-T and I were going to play in the pile of leaves,” said Midge. “Were you really scared?”

Yes,” said Lucy.

I was just having fun,” sighed Midge. “I'm sorry.”

Ha ha ha,” laughed Jake. “I wasn't scared. I knew you were in there.”

How did you know I was in the leaves?” asked Midge.

I saw your tail sticking out of the leaves,” said Jake. “You forgot to cover up all the way.”

Oh,” said Midge. “I forgot about the tail. Come on, lets go inside and you can say hi to Snappy.”

I want to play in the leaves,” said Lucy. “Can we play after we say hi to Snappy?”

Yes,” said Midge. “It's fun running and jumping into the leaves.”

They hurried inside so they could say hi to Snappy. After visiting with Snappy, they ran outside and played in the leaves. They would run and jump into the middle of the pile. The more they ran and jumped into the leaves, the more they were spread out in the yard.

Midge crawled out of the leaves and stood staring at them and her friends playing in them.

This is fun,” smiled Booker-T. “Come on Midge.”

Oh my,” said Midge. “I think my owner is not going to be happy. We spread out the pile of leaves after she put them in the pile.”

Maybe she will think the wind did it,” suggested Lucy.

I don't think so,” sighed Midge. “I don't feel any wind blowing.”

Look over there,” said Jake. “The rake is leaning on the tree.”

We don't know how to rake leaves,” said Midge.

Jake walked over to the rake and took the handle in his mouth and walked toward the pile of leaves. He walked into the pile of leaves but when he walked out the other side, more leaves spread out from the pile.

I don't think it is working,” said Midge. “You are making a bigger mess.”

I guess raking isn't a good idea,” said Jake. “It just messes it up.”

That's okay,” said Midge. “She will just be upset with me.”

Do you want to go to the park to play?” asked Lucy.

Will your owner be upset with you?” asked Lucy.

Maybe,” said Midge. “My owner is nice and she knows I'm just a dog.”

They all ran out the front gate and to the park to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T