Friday, April 21, 2023

Did You Hear That?

 

Midge was sitting on the porch enjoying the warm weather. The flowers were blooming and air was filled with the sweet smell of the roses along the house. Booker-T entered the yard and sat down on the porch with Midge.

What are you doing?” asked Booker-T.

I'm just sitting here,” said Midge.

Why?” asked Booker-T.

“I just love the warm weather,” said Midge. “Don't you like it when it is warm?”

I do too,” agreed Booker-T. "I think it is better then the cold. My owner always wants me to wear socks on my feet to keep them warm. I don't like socks on my feet.”

I like the socks okay,” said Midge. “But they make your feet feel colder when they get wet.”

I guess they do,” said Booker-T. “My feet feel funny with them on.”

Did you see the pretty flowers in the back yard?” asked Midge. “Come on and I will show you.”

Booker-T followed Midge to the back yard where they stood near the tree looking at all the new flowers her owner planted around the big shade tree.

Hey you!” said a voice.

Midge stood there looking around the yard and didn't see anyone.

Did you hear that?” asked Midge.

I heard the voice,” said Booker-T. “But I don't see anyone, do you?”

No,” said Midge, shaking her head. “Do you think there are ghosts in the back yard?”

I don't know,” said Booker-T.  "Maybe you do have a ghost in your back yard."

Do I look like a ghost?” asked the voice.

I don't see you,” said Midge. “I guess you do look like a ghost.”

I'm not a ghost,” said the voice. “Look around. I'm here.”

I don't see you,” said Midge as she looked around the yard.

Move and maybe you can see,” said the voice.

Move where?” asked Booker-T.

Move over there,” said the voice.

Over there where?” asked Midge. “If I can't see you, how can I see where you are pointing?”

You just aren't looking in the right place,” said the voice.

Where are you hiding?” asked Midge. “Come out so we can see you.”

I'm not hiding,” said the voice.

Yes you are,” said Booker-T. “I don't see you either.”

I think we are talking to a ghost,” said Midge. “We can hear the voice but we don't see anyone. Is someone playing a joke on us?”

Is that you Jake?” asked Booker-T.

No,” said the voice. “My name is Andy.”

I don't know anyone named Andy,” said Midge. “Do you Booker-T.”

No,” said Booker-T as he shook his head.

What do you want Mr Ghost?” asked Midge.

I want you to move,” said the voice.

Why?” asked Midge.

You are standing on the door to my house,” said Andy.

What!” said Midge as she jumped. “I don't see a door on the ground.”

Look closer,” said Andy. “I am just a little ant down here on the ground wanting to go into my house.”

Midge sat down and looked closely to the ground. She saw the ant standing on a small rock and waving at her.

Oh wow,” said Midge. “I didn't know you were down there.”

You were standing on top of my door,” said Andy. “Now I have to fix it.”

I'm sorry,” smiled Midge. “Can Booker-T and I help you fix it?”

How do you want us to help him?” asked Booker-T.

I don't know,” said Midge. “We can fix his door.”

You will make the door too big,” said Andy. “I have many friends and we will all work to build the new door.”

Okay,” said Midge. “How long did you have your house in my back yard?”

We all moved in a week ago,” said Andy.

Wow,” said Booker-T. “We never saw you.”

I know,” said Andy. “But we hear you every time you run through the yard stomping on my roof.”

We walk on your roof?” asked Midge.

The ground is our roof,” said Andy.

Oh,” sighed Midge. “You live in the ground.”

We will walk slow here,” said Booker-T.

Okay,” said Andy. “I'm going to get my friends now so we can fix the door.”

Okay,” said Midge. “We are going to our friend, Jake's house so we can play with him and Lucy.”

Bye bye,” smiled Booker-T. “Maybe we will see you later.”

Bye bye,” said Andy as he turned and ran down the tiny hole in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T