Friday, April 14, 2023

Did You Know

 

Booker-T walked next door to Midge's house and hurried around to the back of the house and crawled through the doggie door.

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T as he entered the living room and leaped into the chair next to Snappy's tank. “Where are you? Hi Snappy.”

Hey there Booker-T. “What are you doing?”

I came to see Midge and you too,” smiled Booker-T. “What are you doing?”

I was watching the sun come up and the pretty orange colors in the sky,” said Snappy.

It was pretty,” said Booker-T.

Did your owner have Easter with you and Midge last Sunday?” asked Booker-T.

What is Easter?” asked Snappy.

My owner's little niece came over to the house and spent the night Saturday,” said Booker-T.

Did you have fun?” asked Snappy. “Our owner went to her brother's house Sunday morning for a couple hours and Midge went too.”

You didn't go with them?” asked Booker-T.

No,” said Snappy. “I stayed home and just watched all the little humans playing and running up and down the street carrying little colorful baskets. Do you know what they do with the baskets?”

My owner got a her niece a pretty pink basket and lot of green grass in it,” said Booker-T. “She had to carry the little basket all over the house looking for eggs.”

Did she find some eggs?” asked Snappy.

She found lot of pretty colored eggs that were under the sofa, behind the sofa, under pillows and hidden in corners,” smiled Booker-T.

Colored eggs?” asked Snappy. “I thought eggs were white or brown.”

My owner sat in the kitchen Saturday night before her niece came to the house,” said Booker-T. “She had all these little bowls with colored water in them.”

What did she do with the colored water?” asked Snappy.

She put an egg into each bowl and in a few minutes she took the egg out and it was colored,” said Booker-T. “I like the orange eggs.”

Did she have some black eggs too?” asked Snappy.

No,” sighed Booker-T. “She had red ones, orange one, some yellow and blue ones.”

Why did she color the eggs?” asked Snappy.

I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Her niece liked the colored eggs.”

Hey there Booker-T,” said Midge as she walked into the living room and stretched. “What are you doing?”

I was looking for you,” said Booker-T. “And I was talking to Snappy about the colored eggs.”

Did you owner make colored eggs?” asked Midge.

Yes,” smiled Booker-T. “I really like the orange ones.”

Snappy said you went to your owner's brother's house with him on Sunday morning,” said Booker-T.

Yes,” said Midge. “She was helping her brother hide colored eggs for their two little humans.”

Did you help them find the eggs?” asked Booker-T.

No,” said Midge shaking her head. “I sat on the sofa with my owner and watched the two little humans running around the house looking for the eggs. They were pretty colors. Blue ones, yellow, red, pink, blue, orange and she had some eggs that had two different colors on them.”

Did she have some orange and black?” asked Booker-T. “I like orange and black.”

I know you do,” smiled Midge. “Orange and Black are your favorite colors.”

I'm the same colors as a big brave tiger,” said Booker-T as he pranced around the room.

Did your owner make some tiger colored eggs?” asked Midge.

No,” said Booker-T. “Only orange ones and other colors. Why do they color the eggs?”

I don't know,” said Midge. “Maybe Jake knows why.”

Maybe,” said Booker-T. “He is smart.”

Here comes Jake and Lucy now,” said Snappy as he sat there watching out the window.

In a few minutes, Jake and Lucy entered the room.

Hey guys,” said Jake. “What are you guys doing?”

Hi there,” said Midge. “We were talking about the colored eggs last Sunday.”

Did your owner make the eggs colored too?” asked Jake. “My little nephew was at the house and she had the colored eggs hiding around the house for him to look for.”

Same thing at my house,” said Lucy. “But my owner hid the eggs in the yard around the house.”

Why do humans make the eggs colored?” asked Booker-T.

I don't know,” said Jake. “She does it every year and when they hide the eggs, they always have a pretty little basket with colored grass stuff in it and they look for the eggs and put them into the basket.

They always call the day, Easter, when they do the colored eggs,” said Midge. “Do you know what Easter is?”

No,” said Lucy. “Do you know Jake?”

No,” said Jake. “Maybe it is an egg holiday.”

Yes,” smiled Midge. “Maybe that is what it is. I didn't know eggs had a holiday.”

After they find all the eggs, my owner adds lot of candy into the basket with the eggs,” said Lucy.

Wow,” said Booker-T. “Candy too?”

Lot of candy,” said Lucy. “My owner's nieces were calling them jelly beans.”

I like Jelly Beans,” smiled Midge. “Sometimes I get one or two when the owner's niece gives me one. They are good.”

My owner's niece gets a big chocolate bunny,” said Booker-T.

Did you eat some?” asked Midge.

I don't think we are suppose to eat chocolate,” said Jake. “My owner always says, 'Sorry Jake, you can't have chocolate' as she gives her nephew some chocolate eggs.”

Why can't we eat Chocolate?” asked Midge.

I don't know,” said Jake. “Humans eat it all the time.”

I guess this Easter thing is a holiday for eggs and candy,” suggested Booker-T.

The little humans like it,” smiled Midge.

A fun day for little humans,” said Snappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T