Friday, June 9, 2023

Lucy is Home

 

Booker-T walked to Midge's house next door. He hurried through the gate and ran to the back yard of the house. In the back, he crawled through the doggie door into the kitchen.

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T. “Where are you ?”

Hi Booker-T,” said Snappy as he saw him enter the living room from the kitchen.

Booker-T ran and jumped into the chair next to the tank and climbed to the top of the tank and look inside.

Hi Snappy,” greeted Booker-T.

What are you doing?” asked Snappy.

I was looking for Midge,” said Booker-T. “Is she still sleeping?”

She is in the bedroom,” smiled Snappy. “Go wake her up.”

Okay,” said Booker-T as he jumped down to the floor and hurried to the bedroom.

In the bedroom, Booker-T found Midge stretched out in the middle of the bed. He ran and leaped onto the bed and poked her in the head with his paw.

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T as he sat down beside her.

Midge rolled over and stretched as she sat up.

You sure are sleeping late this morning,” smiled Booker-T.

I think I laid down after my owner went to work,” said Midge. “What are you doing?”

I came to get you so we can go to Jake's house,” said Booker-T.

Okay,” said Midge. “Does Lucy come home today?”

I think so,” said Booker-T. “Lets go see if she is home.”

Midge jumped off the bed and ran to the kitchen with Booker-T running behind her. She drank some water and crawled through the doggie door into the back yard. Booker-T followed her though the door to the back yard. They started to walk around to the front of the house when they met Jake and Lucy coming around the corner from the front yard.

Look who is home,” smiled Jake.

Hey Lucy!” smiled Midge. “We missed you.”

Did you have fun?” asked Booker-T.

Yes,” said Lucy.

Tell us all about it,” said Booker-T. “What did you do?”

Lets go to the front porch and sit down,” suggested Jake.

They hurried to the porch and gathered around Lucy to hear all about the vacation.

It was fun riding in the truck with my head out the window, said Lucy. “The wind was blowing my ears and the smell of flowers in the country was nice.”

I like that too,” said Midge. “When I ride with my owner, I like to stick my head out the window.”

Did you see a lot of horses in the country?” asked Booker-T.

Yes,” said Lucy. “Lot of beautiful horses. My owner bought two new horses. One is brown color and the other is brown and white.”

Daisy said your owner wants to open a riding stable at the farm,” said Midge.

Yes,” said Lucy.

I want to ride a horse,” said Midge.

I don't think we can,” said Lucy. “I don't think my owner will let us ride the horses.”

I love horses,” said Booker-T.

Me too,” said Jake. “They are really big.”

Can we go see the horses?” asked Booker-T.

Sure,” said Lucy. “Lets go the farm. My owner put them in the pasture with the other two horses and build them stalls for them.”

The four ran out the gate and hurried along the sidewalk on their way to the farm. Gabby swooped down and landed on the sidewalk in front of them.

Hi guys!” said Gabby. “Where are you guys going?”

We are going to the farm where Lucy lives,” said Jake. “Do you want to come with us?”

What are you going to do at the farm?” asked Gabby.

Her owner brought two new horses home and we are going to see them,” said Midge. “Want to go see the horses?”

Okay,” said Gabby. “I can sit on their heads.”

Maybe they won't like that,” said Midge.

I'm kidding,” Laughed Gabby. “They are big animals.”

The four hurried along the sidewalk with Gabby flying above. As the five of them entered the gate at the farm, they saw the new stables in the pasture.

Lets hurry,” said Booker-T. “I want to see the horses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T