Friday, June 16, 2023

Visiting the Farm

 

The four friends ran across the front yard of the farm house on their way to the pasture where they saw the horses standing around in front of the new stables with stalls for each horse.

Hi guys,” said Lucy as they arrived at the stalls.

Hi little one,” smiled the big brown horse. “You were in the truck, weren't you?”

Yes,” said Lucy. “These are my friends. They came to meet you.”

I like horses,” smiled Booker-T.

Thank you,” said the big brown horse.

What is your name?” asked Jake.

I'm Stormy,” said the brown horse. “This is my brother and his name is Frosty.”

I like Stormy,” said Booker-T. “That is a cool name. I like it. I'm Booker-T.”

Oh wow, you are brothers,” said Midge. “That is nice. My name is Midge.”

Do you know the other two horses?” asked Frosty.

Yes,” said Jake. “We met Lightning and Thunder when we met Lucy. My name is Jake.”

Do you ride horses?” asked Stormy.

No,” said Midge. “I don't know how.

She tried one day,” laughed Jake. “She fell off and was hanging on the side of the horse holding onto the reins in her mouth.”

You have little short legs,” said Stormy. “You can sit in the saddle, but your feet won't reach the stirrups.”

What are stirrups?” asked Booker-T.

On the saddle, there are stirrups that hang down on each side. The rider puts their feet into the stirrups to help them stay up on us,” said Thunder.

I can ride,” said Midge.

I don't think my owner will let us ride,” said Lucy.

When is he going to open the riding stables for the humans to ride?” asked Jake.

He has to put up the sign tomorrow morning early and then he will be open for riding a little later,” said Lucy. “Do you want to come and watch?”

Lets come and watch,” said Midge. “I want to watch the horses.”

Okay,” said Jake.

Me too,” said Booker-T.

Do you like letting humans ride on your backs?” asked Midge.

I like it better than pulling a wagon,” said Frosty. “Our sister pulls a wagon at the zoo and gives rides to humans around the zoo park.”

We can ride in the wagon,” said Booker-T.

Yes,” said Lightning. “You can sit in the wagon and ride around the park.”

Is she at the zoo on the other side of our town?” asked Booker-T.

Yes,” said Stormy.

It is too far for us to walk to,” sighed Midge. “They won't let us rid the zoo train.”

Why not?” asked Thunder.

We tried one day to ride the little train,” said Midge. “They made us get off.”

They said no animals on the train,” said Jake. “But I saw a little human with a small dog get on the train. They let him ride.”

Maybe the animals have to be with a human,” suggested Frosty.

We can't buy a ticket to ride the train,” said Midge. “They won't let anyone ride free.”

Maybe you can sneak on the train with a human and they will think you are with the human,” suggested Stormy.

We could try that,” said Midge.

But if we make it on the train and we get over there,” said Jake. “They might not let us ride the train back and that is a long way to walk.”

I guess you are right,” said Lucy.

If you get here early,” said Stormy. “We will let you climb on top and one of us will slowly walk you around the pasture.”

I can't wait!” said Midge. “I'm so excited!”

Do you want to ride Jake?” asked Lucy.

I will ride along too,” said Booker-T.

Okay,” said Jake. “We will come early and get a slow ride.”

I'm so excited,” sang Midge as she danced around the horses. “I'm so excited.”

I think she is excited,” laughed Lucy.

Thank you thank you,” said Midge. “How will I get on your back?”

See that big rock over there?” asked Thunder.

Yes,” said Midge looking around the place.

You can stand on the rock and one of us will stand close to it and you can climb on the horse's back,” said Thunder.

Okay,” smiled Midge. “I'll be here. I'm so excited.”

Will your owner get upset if we ride the horses?” asked Jake.

I don't think so,” said Lucy. “He has to put up the sign and get ready to open.”

Okay,” said Stormy. “We will hurry and give you the ride before he comes to the stables.”

Thanks,” said Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T