Friday, June 23, 2023

The Ride

 

Stormy walked to the platform that the owner built that would help young kids climb on top of the horses.

Get on the platform, Midge,” said Stormy. “Then you can climb on my back.”

You don't have a saddle on you,” said Midge. “Do I need the saddle?”

No,” said Stormy. “Lot of people ride horses with no saddles.”

Midge climbed the few steps to the top of the platform and walked to the edge where Stormy stood waiting for Midge to climb on his back. She jumped on top of his back and sat down.

How do I hold on?” asked Midge. “There isn't a strap or saddle to hold on to.”

Take a hold of my mane,” said Stormy.

What mane?” asked Midge looking around.

The mane is my hair hanging down on my neck,” smiled Stormy.

Oh, okay,” said Midge. “I don't want to pull your hair.”

It is okay,” said Stormy. “Do you have hold of the mane now?”

I'm ready,” said Midge.

Stormy started to walk away from the platform and he walked around the pasture while Midge sat on top.

Hey Midge!” called Booker-T. “You are riding!”

Midge turned to look at Booker-T and suddenly she started to slide off the back of Stormy. She held tight to Stormy's mane as she slid off is back. In a few minutes she was hanging on the side of Stormy's neck.

Hang on Midge,” said Stormy as he quickly walked back to the platform and got close so Midge could slide off onto the platform.

Midge slid down to the platform and stood there looking at the horse. “Wow, do you think I did good?” asked Midge.

You were riding good,” said Lucy.

Until you turned to look at us on the platform,” laughed Jake. “You forgot to hang on good.”

Do you want to go for a ride?” asked Midge.

Can I go?” asked Booker-T. “Please, please.”

Climb on,” said Stormy.

Booker-T jumped up and sat down on Stormy's back and took his mane in his mouth.

I'm ready,” said Booker-T.

Stormy started to slowly walk around the pasture.

Oh oh,” said Lucy.

What oh oh?” asked Midge.

Here comes my owner,” said Lucy.

Midge looked up to see the owner coming across the pasture in a horse drawn wagon where he carried the saddles.

Hey Stormy!” called Jake. “Bring Booker-T back to the platform. Here comes your owner.”

Stormy turned to see the human coming to the platform.

He turned and slowly walked to the platform and before he reached it, Booker-T jumped off the horse's back to the ground and sat down hoping the human didn't see him.

Hey there Lucy,” smiled the owner as he patted Lucy on the head. “Are you watching the horses?”

Lucy wagged her tail and nudged his arm with her nose. Her owner set the saddles on the platform and then one by one, He saddled the four horses before the young humans came to the farm to ride the horses.

Look up there by the house,” said Lucy. “Here come the humans wanting to ride the horses.”

Wow,” said Jake. “Looks like the horses are going to be busy for a while.”

I like riding the horse,” smiled Booker-T. “That was fun and I didn't slide off.”

You did good,” said Jake.

I did too,” sighed Midge. “I was doing good until I turned my head to look at you on the platform.”

I'm sorry I called to you when you were riding,” said Booker-T.

It's okay, Booker-T,” said Midge. “I should have been watching what I was doing.”

Jake and Lucy didn't get to ride,” said Booker-T.

That's okay,” said Lucy. “We can ride later on another day.”

Can we?” asked Midge.

Sure,” said Lucy. “On Saturday, my owner will open the farm for rides a little later that day.”

I'm excited,” said Jake. “I want to try to ride the horse too.”

We have four horses,” said Lucy. “There are four of us so we can all ride together at the same time.”

That will be fun,” smiled Midge.

Lets do it!” said Booker-T.

Okay,” said Lucy. “We will do it Saturday.”

When will it be Saturday?” asked Booker-T.

I think Saturday is in two days,” said Lucy. “We can do it early in the morning.

This will be fun,” smiled Jake. “I never rode a horse before.”

Me either,” said Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T