Friday, June 2, 2023

Vacation Time

 

Midge was sitting on the front porch when Booker-T walked over and sat down beside her.

Hi Booker-T,” smiled Midge. “What are you doing?”

I'm sitting here with you,” said Booker-T.

I see that,” laughed Midge. “What else are you doing?”

I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Just sitting here doing nothing with you.”

What are we going to do today?” asked Midge.

I don't know,” said Booker-T. “Don't you have an idea?”

I've been thinking hard,” said Midge. “But don't know. We need to talk to Jake and Lucy. Maybe they have an idea.”

Here comes Jake now, but Lucy isn't with him this morning,” said Booker-T.

Midge looked down the street and saw that Jake was walking along the sidewalk alone. He came through the front gate and sat down on the porch with Midge and Booker-T.

Hi guys,” said Jake

Where is Lucy this morning?” asked Midge.

I waited by she never came to my house this morning,” said Jake.

Do you want to walk to the farm this morning and check on Lucy?” asked Midge.

Sure,” said Jake. “Lets go find out where she is.”

I hope she isn't sick,” said Booker-T. “Lets go.”

The tree walked through the gate and started working along the sidewalk toward the farm. Gabby came flying down and landed on the sidewalk in front of them.

Hi you guys,” greeted Gabby. “Where are you going?”

We are going to the farm to see Lucy,” said Midge. “Do you want to come along with us?”

Lucy isn't there,” said Gabby.

Why?” asked Jake. “What happened to Lucy?”

Is she okay?” asked Booker-T.

All is fine,” said Gabby. “Don't worry.”

But she is our friend,” said Midge. “We want to know if she is okay.”

She left this morning for a vacation with her owner,” said Gabby. I saw her get into the car and I flew down to see her before they drove away.”

Oh wow,” said Booker-T. “A Vacation. I want to go on vacation.”

Did she say where they are going?” asked Midge.

She didn't know,” said Gabby. “She just said they were taking a vacation and she was going to go with them this time.”

I remember going on a vacation with my owner one time,' said Midge. “It was fun riding in the car. Have you ever been on a vacation, Jake?”

Yes,” said Jake. “A short vacation when my owner went to visit her brother out in the country. It was a lot of fun running around in the country with their dogs.”

Have you been on a vacation, Booker-T?” asked Midge.

No,” sighed Booker-T. “My owner hasn't gone on a vacation out of town. When she is off work, she stays home.”

Maybe she don't like to leave home,” suggested Jake. “I like to stay at home sometimes.”

Me too,” said Midge.

Maybe it's hard to go on a vacation with a cat,” said Midge. “I've never seen a cat on a leash.”

I have never seen a cat on a leash either,” said Jake. “Has your owner ever put a leash on you, Booker-T?”

No,” said Booker-T. “I do have a doggie door in the back so I can go in and out if I want. But I have a cat box inside so I don't have to go out if weather is bad.”

I wish they made Dog boxes,” sighed Midge. “I always get wet if it's raining and I need to do my business outside.”

Lets go the farm and talk to the cows,” suggested Jake. “Maybe Lucy told them what she was doing.”

Okay, lets go,” said Midge.

The three started to walk along the sidewalk with Gabby flying above. They ran to the barn when the reached the farm and found Daisy standing near the barn.

Hey Daisy,” called Booker-T as they walked up to her.

Hi you guys,” smiled Daisy. “What are you doing at the farm today?”

Lucy isn't here today,” said Betsy.

Gabby told us she wasn't here,” said Jake.

Did she tell you where she was going for vacation?” asked Midge.

Her owner is taking a working trip so let Lucy come along,” said Daisy.

A working trip?” asked Midge. “Is Lucy working?”

She might help,” said Betsy.

Wow,” smiled Booker-T. “A working vacation trip.”

I think she called it a working trip,” said Daisy. “Not really a vacation.”

What is she doing?” asked Midge.

Her owner went to buy a couple horses for the farm,” said Betsy.

You have two horses now,” said Jake. “He wants more?”

Yes,” said Daisy. “He is talking about opening a small horse riding stables so the humans can come ride the horses.”

Oh,” said Midge. “That will be fun. Maybe I can ride a horse.”

You can't ride a horse,” laughed Booker-T.

Did you forget you tried that,” said Jake. “You fell off.”

I need practice,” said Midge.

Horse riding is for the humans, Midge,” said Gabby. “You have short legs and no hands.”

I saw the dogs riding on horses in the circus,” said Midge. “I can learn to do that.”

Who is going to teach you?” asked Jake.

I don't know,” sighed Midge.

And you aren't in a circus,” laughed Booker-T.

I know,” said Midge. “I guess all I can do is talk to the horses.”

I bet the horses like that,” said Jake.

Maybe you are right,” said Midge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T