Sunday, September 25, 2011

Booker-T is Worried

   "Hey Jake!" called Booker-T as he hurried into the yard and up to the porch where Jake was napping on the lounge chair. 
   "What are you up to this morning Booker-T?" asked Jake.
   "I was looking for Midge but she wasn't at home and thought she was over here," said  Booker-T.
   "I haven't seen her this morning yet," said Jake. "I think this is her day to go to the vet."
   "Oh," said Booker-T.  "Maybe that is where she is." 
   "Why were you looking for Midge?" asked Jake.  "Is everything all right?"

   "I wanted to know if she knew where Susie was," said Booker-T.  "I haven't seen Susie for three days and she didn't say anything about going anywhere."
   "Oh," said Jake.  "do you think Midge might know?"
   "She might," said Booker-T.  "She was always at Susie's house in the afternoon. I was hoping that she might know where Susie is."
    "She will be here after she gets home for the vets," said Jake. "We are supposed to go to the park and play with Snappy and Gabby.  I thought you were coming along with us to the park."
    "Yes, I am" said Booker-T.  "I was going to invite Susie to come along but I haven't seen her."
    "Come on sit down Booker-T, " said Jake.  "Pacing back and forth isn't going to make Midge get here faster."
    "Oh, okay, Jake," said Booker-T as he jumped into the chair next to the lounge chair.  "So what were you doing this morning?"
    "I was napping," said Jake.  "Until I heard you yelling as you came up the sidewalk."
   "Oh, I'm sorry Jake," said Booker-T.  "I didn't mean to wake you up.  You usually don't nap in the morning this early.  You just woke from night time."
   "I was up a couple times in the night so was sleepy this morning," said Jake.  "So decided after eating breakfast to take a nap while I wait for Midge."
   "I love to sleep," said Booker-T.  "Sleeping is so good for you, don't you know."
   "I would rather play," said Jake. "But when I don't sleep all night long, I need nap in the daytime."
   "When is Midge supposed to be here Jake?" asked Booker-T. 
   "Booker-T," said Jake.  "Settle down, take a nice nap and when you wake up, she will probably be here."
   "A nice nap sounds good to me," said Booker-T.  "I just might do that."
   Booker-T closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.  Jake curled up and closed his eyes to go back to sleep also. 
   "Hey you two!" said Midge as she walked up the porch steps.  "Why are you two sleeping this beautiful morning?"
   "Midge!" said Booker-T as he sat up. "Do you know where Susie is?"
   "Hi to you too Booker-T," smiled Midge. "You don't say hi anymore?"
   "I"m sorry Midge," said Booker-T.  "I was worried about Susie and was hoping you might know where she was."
   "She went on a trip with her mistress," said Midge.  "They are supposed to be back in three days."
   "She didn't say anything about it," said Booker-T.  "Why didn't she tell me she was going?"
   "She didnt' know," said Midge.  "They left without telling anyone I think."
   "How did you know if they didn't say anything?" asked Jake.
   "Because I was walking by her house when they were getting ready to leave and she told me about it," said Mdige. 
   "Where did they go?" asked Booker-T. 
   "They went to her mistress's aunts house for a few days," said Midge.  "I think her aunt was sick."
   "I miss her," said Booker-T.  "I hope she will be home soon."
   "She will be home soon," Jake.  "You will be okay.  Come on lets go to the park.  You will feel better if you quit worrying about it."
   "I will try," said Booker-T.  "It is hard not to worry about her."
   "I know, but worrying doesn't help anything," said Midge.
   "I know you are right," said Booker-T.  "But I like Susie."
   "She likes you too Booker-T," said Jake.
   "Lets go to the park and play," said Midge.
   "It will help you get your mind off your worries," said Jake. 
   "Jake is right," said Midge.  "Staying busy will make the time go faster and before you know it, Susie will be home."
   "Okay," said Booker-T.  "Lets go find Snappy and Gabby.
   The three friends walked along the sidewalk to the park.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T