Sunday, August 28, 2011

Midge and her new Friend.

   "Hey Midge!" called Jake and he came through the gate of the front yard.  "Hello Midge.  I'm here now."
   Jake hurried up the porch steps but Midge was not there.  He looked around the front yard, but Midge wasn't there either.   "Midge!"  called Jake.  "Hello Midge.  Are you up yet?"
   "Hi Jake," said Midge as she came around the corner from the back yard.  "I'm in the back yard Jake." 
   "What are you doing back there?" asked Jake.  "I thought we were going to the park with Booker-T this morning.  I waited for you to come over to the house, but you never showed up.  So here I am."

   "Sorry Jake," said Midge.  "I was up and ready to come to the house, but I have to wait for my mistress to get home from her aunt's house."
   "Why?" asked Jake.  "You have never waited for her to come home before.  Why do you have to wait today?"
   "She left to go to her aunt's house about an hour ago," said Midge. 
   "But why do you have to stay home until she gets back?" asked Jake.
   "She is bringing GeeGee with her,"  said Midge.  "So I have to wait til she gets back."
   "Who is GeeGee?" asked Jake.  "And why do you have to wait?"
   "My aunt got a new dog a week ago," said Midge.  "Her name is GeeGee.  She is going to stay with us for a week while her aunt goes to a business meeting somewhere."
   "You are waiting on a dog before we go to the park?" asked Jake.  "Why?"
   "I have to help watch over her while she is here," said Midge.  "When she gets back here with GeeGee, We can go to the park, but GeeGee will come along with us."
   "Oh okay," said Jake.  "I'm glad GeeGee will come with us.  I was afraid you were going to stay home the whole time that GeeGee was here."
   "Oh no, Jake," said Midge.  "I'll watch over GeeGee but she will have to come with us to the park."
   "What are you going to do if she doesn't want to come with us?" asked Jake.
   "I will talk her into going if she doesn't want to go," said Midge. "But I think she will want to come with us.  She is a good puppy."
   "Here comes your mistress's car now," said Jake.  "I see a little nose sticking out the back window.  That must be GeeGee."
   "Yes," said Midge.  "Come on, lets go see her."
   They walked to the back yard where Midge's mistress parked the car in front of the garage. When she stepped out of the car, GeeGee jumped out and stood staring at Midge. 
   "Here is a new little friend to play with," said midge's mistress as she patted Midge on the head and then patted Jake on the head. "Hey Jake,
   She went into the house and left GeeGee with Midge.  GeeGee just stood there staring at Jake and Midge. 
   "Hi GeeGee," said Midge.  "Do you want to go to the park with Jake and I?"
   "Okay," said GeeGee.  "I've never been to a park before."
   "Lets go," said Jake.  "You will have fun."
   The three hurried to the front yard and out the gate.  They walked up the sidewalk to the park. Once they reached the park, they took off running to the pond to find Booker-T. 
   "Hi Midge, Jake," said Booker-T.  "Who is your little friend?"
   "Hey Booker-T," said Midge.  "This is GeeGee.  She will be staying with me for a week."
   "Well, hello, GeeGee," said Booker-T. "Welcome to our world."
   "Hi," said GeeGee. 
   The four met Snappy on the other side of the pond and the friends swam together in the pond and enjoyed the cool water on such a hot day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T