Monday, August 22, 2011

Midge is Late

   "Midge!  Midge!" called Jake as he turned into the front yard at Midge's house.  He hurried up the sidewalk and leaped onto the porch. 
   Midge wasn't there so he turned and ran down the steps and hurried to the back yard to find Midge.  "Hey Midge," called Jake.  "Are you back here?"
   "Hey Jake," greeted Midge as he came into the back yard where he found Midge sitting near the back door.  "What are you doing this morning?"
   "I came to find you," said Jake.  "We are supposed to meet Booker-T at the park today.  Did you forget?"
   "No, I didn't forget," said Midge. 
   "You didn't come to the house," said Jake.  "I came to find out what happened. Is everything okay?"
  "Yes," said Midge.  "My mistress got up late this morning so she just fed me a few minutes ago."
  "Why was she late today?" asked Jake.  "I think your mistress is like mine.  They are never late for anything."
   "She was sick last night when she went to bed," said Midge.  "This morning she slept in a little late but she called her boss to tell him she would be late."
   "Was she better this morning?" asked Jake. 
   "I think so," said Midge.  "She told her boss on the phone that she was feeling a little better and that she would be at work, but it would be about an hour later."
   "That's good," said Jake.  "Are you ready to go to the park?"
   "Yes," said Midge.  "I just finished eating.  I'm ready.  Is Booker-T meeting us at the park or at your house?"
   "He is going to the park," said Jake.  "He came to the house and I told him we would meet him there.  I told him I hadn't seen you yet and was coming over to find out what happened to you."
   "Sorry Jake," said Midge.  "I was hungry so didn't want to come play until I ate my breakfast.  I always here my mistress telling her niece that she  should never go without breaksfast.  I wanted to eat mine before I went to your house."
   "Okay," said Jake. "I'm glad that you are okay. I thought something had happened.  Lets go."
   "Did you eat your breakfast Jake?" asked Midge.  "We can go to your house if you didn't eat yet."
   "I had my breakfast before I came over here," said Jake. "I'm ready to go play now."
   "Okay Jake," said Midge.  "I'm ready to go play now too."
   The two got themselves a drink of water and then walked along the sidewalk to the park.  As they entered the park, they saw Booker-T sitting near the pond waiting for them to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T