Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sharing is Good.

   "Good morning Jake," said Midge as she climbed the steps to the front porch where Jake was sitting in the lounge chair. 
   "Hi Midge," said Jake.  "You are early today.  I haven't even eaten breakfast this morning."
   "My mistress had to go somewhere with her aunt this morning so she gave me my breakfast early," said Midge.  "So after I ate it, I decided to come see if you were up yet."
   "I'm always up early, but I don't eat til my mistress gets up and feeds me before she leaves for work," said Jake.  "She should be putting out my food in a few minutes."

   "I got tired of sitting in the back yard after eating early," said Midge.  "So thought I would come over here and sit with you. You are always up early too."
   "You are always welcome here Midge," said Jake.  "Have you seen Booker-T this morning yet?"
   "No, not yet," said Midge.  "He is supposed to meet us at the park again today.  I saw him last night with Gypsy."
   "I'm glad he brought Gypsy to the park with him yesterday," said Jake. "It's always nice to make a new friend."
   "Yes it is," said Midge.  "I think Gypsy had fun with us.  I saw her talking with Gabby when we left the  park to go home."
   "Come on Midge," said Jake as he jumped out of the lounge chair.  "I need to go inside to see if my mistress has put down my food yet.   You can come with me."
   "Okay Jake," said Midge as she followed Jake down the steps and around the house to the back door where Jake entered the house through the doggie door.  Midge followed him inside.  On the floor near the table was Jake's food dish, filled with his food and a fresh bowl of water sat nearby. 
   "Do you want a bite Midge?" asked Jake. "There is plenty here."
   "Oh no, Jake,"  said Midge.  "I already ate my breakfast. I'm full, but I will take a drink of water."
  "Sure," said Jake.  "Help yourself.  You know I will share anything with you."
  "Thank you Jake," said Midge.  "I know you do.  You have always been good to me.  And you know that I will always share what I have with you also."
  "Sharing is good," said Jake.  "My mistress has a nephew who won't share anything he has.  He wants it all to himself."
  "His mom doesn't teach him to share?" asked Midge.  "Sharing makes you feel so good inside."
  "She tries to tell him to share, but he just screams,"  said Jake.  "Maybe when he gets older, he will understand that sharing is a good thing to do."
  "Maybe," said Midge.  "I'm glad we share with each other and with all our friends."
  "Me too Midge," said Jake as he went back to eating his breakfast. "Are you sure you don't want a bite?"
   "No thank you," said Midge.  "You eat it.  We need to go meet Booker-T at the park."
   "I'll be ready in few minutes," said Jake.
   Jake finished his breakfast and drank some water and was ready to go to the park.  Jake and Midge walked along the sidewalk to the park where they met Booker-T and Gypsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T