Monday, July 18, 2011

Where the Roads Lead

   “Jake! Jake!” screamed Midge as she came running across the yard and up the sidewalk to the porch.  “Jake!  What are you doing?”
   “Slow down Midge,” said Jake.  “What is all the excitement about this morning?”
   “We are going on vacation,” said Midge. “I am actually going to take a trip Jake.”
   “Who is going on vacation?” asked Jake already starting to feel like Midge was leaving him all alone.
   “My mistress and I are going on vacation,” said Midge. “Isn’t that exciting? They are taking me with them.  I always wanted to travel the roads that they travel on. To see what they do and see where they go.  I always wanted to find out where the roads lead.  I am finally going to get the chance to see it all.  Isn’t that great Jake?”
    Midge was so excited to be going on the trip instead of being put into a kennel for the week that he forgot about Jake being alone while she was gone. She kept talking about the trip and all the fun she was going to have. Suddenly she looked at Jake and saw that he was looking sad and had gotten quiet.
    “I’m sorry Jake,” said Midge.  “I wish you were coming along with me.”
    “It’s okay Midge,” said Jake.  “I’ll be okay here all by myself.”
    “I won’t forget you Jake while I’m gone,” said Midge.  "I promise to remember you."
    “I know Midge,” said Jake.  “How long will you be gone?”
    “We are only going to be gone a week Jake and then I will be back to play with you and tell you all about it,” said Midge.
    “When do you leave?” asked Jake.
    “Tonight,” said Midge. “I came over to say good-bye for a week and I will see you when we get home.”
    “I will miss you Midge,” said Jake.  “But I am happy you are getting to go this time.”
    “I will be back before you know it,” said Midge.  “I wish you could go with me.”
    “Me too,” said Jake.
    “Maybe you can stow away in the back of the car,” said Midge.
    “No,” said Jake. “That isn’t a good idea.  I will be here waiting for you when you get home.”
    “Bye Jake,” said Midge as she turned to leave. 
    “Bye Midge,” said Jake.  “Have fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T