Sunday, May 29, 2011

Booker-T Gets Jake's Help

   "Jake!" shouted Booker-T as the big cat came aroudn the corner.
   "What is up Booker-T?" asked Jake.  "What are you shouting?"
   Booker-T hurried up the sidewalk to the front porch where Jake was laying in the sun.
   "Will you help me out?" asked Booker-T.  "I need your help, please."
   "What can I help you with?" asked Jake. "You know I will help with whatever you need.  Midge will too."

   "You have a way with words and I need to know what to say to this cute little Persian who moved in next door," said Booker--T.  "You know what to say don't you?"
   "Oh, a new girlfriend?" asked Jake as he poked at Booker-T.  "I've never seen you lost for words before."
   "I know. I just can't find the right words when I see her," said Booker-T. "She is so cute and I get all nervous around her."
   "Hey Jake!" called Midge as she came through the gate. "Hi Booker-T."
   "Hi Midge," said  Jake. 
   "What are you two up to this morning Jake?" asked Midge.
   "Seems Booker-T has a new girlfriend and needs my help so he knows what to say to her," said Jake.
   "You!" laughed Midge.  "You of so few words don't know what to say to her? Oh wow, this must be a first for you."
   "Don't laugh Midge!" said Jake.  "I know what words to use when I need to most of the time."
   "Okay, go for it.  I have got to hear this," said Midge sitting down and ready to listen.
   "Come on Booker-T, I don't need an audience," said Jake.  "Especially one who is going to laugh at me. I would rather tell you in private.  Sorry Midge, this is a guy thing."
   Booker-T and Jake walked around to the back of the house.  As they walked off leaving Midge sitting on the porch by herself, Jake turned and grinned at her and gave her a quick wink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T