Monday, May 30, 2011

Midge and friends Find A Bottle

   Midge started up the sidewalk to her friend Jake’s house.  The morning was cloudy and the wind blew though the trees rustling the leaves high above.  The birds this morning were quiet.  Midge ran up the sidewalk to the front porch and there she found Jake laying on the lawn chair taking a nap.
   “Hey Jake!” called Midge as she stepped onto the porch.  “You are napping already?  You just got up.”
   “Hi Midge,” replied Jake.  “I was up early this morning when the baby started crying again.”

   “Oh that’s right, the niece of you mistress is here this weekend,” said Midge.  “I forgot she was coming to stay.  Sorry Jake.  I came to find out if you want to go to the park with me to go play with Snappy.”
   “Sure,” said Jake. 
   The two started walking up the sidewalk to the park and from high above, Gabby came swooping out of the trees and landed in front of them on the sidewalk.
   “What are you doing Gabby?” asked Jake.
   “I’m coming along with you,” said Gabby.  “Aren’t you two going to the park?”
   “How did you know we are going to the park?” asked Midge.
   “I’m always in the area and I hear what you are talking about,” said Gabby.
   “Boy, can’t keep anything from you, can we?” asked Midge.
   “No, never can you hide things from me,” said Gabby.  “I’m always here somewhere.”
   “Sure, come on let’s go,” said Midge.  “You are always welcome to come with us to the park.”
   They took off toward the park again with Gabby flying along with them.  When they reached the park, they hurried across the grass to the little pond among the trees. 
   “Snappy!” called Jake.  “Where are you?”
   “Hey you guys,” said Snappy.  “Come over here.”
   “What are you doing over there?” asked Gabby.
   “I found this by the pond,” said Snappy.  “What is it Jake?”
   “Looks like someone’s old wine bottle,” said Jake.  Looks like someone was sitting here drinking it and just tossed out the bottle.”
   “This is my home,” said Snappy. “Why would they toss an empty bottle into my home?”
   “Well, some people don’t care what they do with their trash,”  said Gabby.  “Come on, let’s toss it in the basket over there.”
    Jake picked up the bottle and tossed it into the trash barrel. 
   “Thanks Jake,” said Snappy.
   “You are welcome Snappy,” said Jake.  “I’m sorry that someone trashed your home.”
   They all ran off to the other end of the pond to play on the rocks along the edge of the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T