Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Booker-T’s Little Clone

   Jake and Midge lay on the porch soaking up the warmth of the sunshine.  The morning air was cool, but the sun was warm as it beat down on the front porch. The morning was quiet now that the kids in the neighborhood started back to school after the holidays. 
    Jake looked up to see Booker-T coming around the corner of the fence and come prancing up the sidewalk to the porch.  Behind him, Jake noticed a small kitten running behind trying to keep up with Booker-T’s big steps.
   “Hey Booker-T!  Who is your little shadow coming up behind you?” asked Jake.
   Midge sat up and tilted her head to the side and lifted the eyebrows.  “Wow! Look at the cute little kitten.  He looks like a clone of you Booker-T.  I am amazed at how much he looks like you, only smaller.”
   “Isn’t he something?” asked Booker-T.
   “Where did you find him?” asked Jake.  “I haven’t seen him around here before.”
   “I know. I was sitting in front of the cafe when some big black car raced up the street and screeched to a stop and some big guy with hair all messed up and ragged clothes stepped out of the car and tossed the little guy on the street.  Then he sped away leaving him standing all alone on the side of the road.  I couldn’t leave him there.  I was so surprised at how much he looked like me.  And it saddened me to think that someone did that to the little guy,” said Booker-T, taking a breath and starting in again. “The same thing happened to me long time ago.  If it weren’t for you Midge, I wouldn’t have had a new home.  I’m so thankful to have you and Jake for friends.  Now I can do something for this little guy as you did for me.”
   “That is so sweet Booker-T,” smiled Midge patting him on the leg. “What is his name?”
   “I’m calling him Randy-T.  Do you like it?” asked Booker-T.
   “That is a good name.  Randy-T, hmmm, yes I guess it will work.  Is he living with you?”
   “I took him in the back door early this morning and when my mistress found him laying beside me in my wicker bed, she just smiled.  I guess she is going to let him stay.  I’m glad.  I would hate to see the little guy out there on the street where I lived for so long,” said Booker-T.
    “Well, he is so cute,” Laughed Jake.  “He’s a little clone of you.”
    “Oh, wow!  Two like Booker-T.  Oh no!  We could be in trouble,” laughed Midge. 
    “Ha ha ha Midge,” said Booker-T.
    They all laughed and little Randy-T snuggled up close to Booker-T and smiled at Jake and Midge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T