Saturday, May 21, 2011

Midge Watches the Humans

   “Midge!” called Jake as he rounded the corner of her house to the back yard.
   “Where are you?” asked Booker-T as he followed behind Jake.
  Jake and Booker-T went into the back yard to find Midge up on her toes peaking in the window. 
   “What are you doing?” asked Booker-T.
   “Hi guys.  I’m watching my mistress entertain her boyfriend.  They are dancing to some strange music and drinking from funny looking glasses,” said Midge. 
   “Men and women are sure strange, aren’t they?” asked Jake.  “My mistress and her sister are always acting goofy on Saturday nights.  When her boyfriend is on the phone, she gets mushy.”
   “I think men and women are mean sometimes too,” said Booker-T. 
   “Why would you think that?” asked Midge.
   “When I come around, they are always tossing rocks at me and yelling,” said Booker-T.   “I don’t think they like me coming around their houses.”
    “I’m sorry Booker-T.  I sure wish you had a nice home to live in,” sighed Midge.  “You should have a nice person to take care of you.”
    “I like it out there by myself,” said Booker-T.
    “Right!  Sure you do,” said Jake.  “You know you are telling us a big story too.  I don’t think you really like being out there on the streets, but you always put on a brave face for your friends.”
    “Well, maybe it would be nice to have a warm home to be in when the winter comes,” said Booker-T as he peaked inside the window.
    “Sure is nice,” said Midge.  “I sure hope you find a good home real soon.  You can stay in my doghouse until you find one.”
    “Thanks Midge,” smiled Booker-T.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T