Saturday, May 21, 2011

Midge Worries About Booker-T

“Hey Jake!” called Midge as she hurried up the sidewalk to the front porch.
   “What are you doing this morning Midge?” asked Jake.
   “Just out wandering around enjoying the beautiful colors of the leaves on the trees now,” said Midge.  “Don’t you think they are pretty?”
   “I never really gave it much thought,” said Jake.
   “I think the fall is so pretty with the browns, reds and yellow colors of the leaves,” said Midge.
    “They are pretty. But I sure don’t like it when the winter sets in later. I get so cold. I like it in the house during the winter,” said Jake.
    “I do too. My mistress makes a wonderful fire in the fireplace and the rug in front of it gets so nice and warm,” smiled Midge.  “I like to curl up on the rig when it gets warm.”
    “And it sure glows pretty during the night,”  said Jake.  “I like to watch the shadows dance on the wall when a fire is burning in our fireplace.”
    “I worry about Booker-T out in the cold all the time.  Without a home to go into and get warm, he must get so cold,” said Midge.  “Speaking of Booker-T, have you seen him this week?”
    “No,” answered Jake.
    “He must be on one of his many journeys again,” said Midge.
    “I wonder where he wandered off to this time,” said Jake.
    “I don’t know. But he always has these whopping stories when he gets back,” said Midge.
    “Sometimes I wonder if he really goes on these journeys of his, or likes to just make up the big stories to impress us,” wondered Jake.
    “I know what you mean,” said Midge.  “Remember when he took that journey to Hawaii?  I wonder how he got there.”
    “I often wondered how he managed that journey too, but I didn’t want to embarrass him and ask him how he did it,” said Jake.
    “I feel bad that he doesn’t have a home,” sighed Midge.  “Do you think he makes up those stories about all the big journeys because he doesn’t have a home and doesn’t want us to feel sorry for him?”
    “It might be,” answered Jake.  “”But he sure does tell a good story.”
    “I have to agree with you.  I love listening to his stories,” smiled Midge.  “And you know, sometimes I really believe them.”
    “I do too,” said Jake.
    “Maybe he will be back soon to tell us about a new journey he has been on,” said Midge.
    “I wonder if he would give up all these journeys and share a home with me?” wondered Jake.
    “I don’t know,” answered Midge.  “We can ask him when he comes around here again.”
    “I’ll sure feel better if he takes me up on my offer,” said Jake.
    “Me too,” smiled Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T