Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Booker-T in Trouble

    “Hey Jake!”  called Booker-T as he strolled up the sidewalk. “Where are you?”
   “I’m back here in the back yard,” said Jake as he peeked around the corner of the house.
   “What are you doing back there?” asked Booker-T as he started walking to the back to join Jake.
   “Not much.  What is going on with you?” asked Jake.
   “I’m just out messing around. I was chasing some mice out there in the field behind the school, but couldn’t catch one today.  Got tired of it and decided to see what you and Midge were up to,” said Booker-T.  “I thought you and Midge might want to go to the park and was hoping you and Midge might help me catch a fish or two.”
   “I haven’t seen Midge yet today,” said Jake.  “She was pretty upset with you when she went home yesterday.”
   “I know.  I’m sorry for the joke I played on her,” said Booker-T.  “Do you think she will ever forgive me?”
   “Midge is pretty fair with you,” said Jake.  “You know she never stays mad for very long.  But if she did, you would deserve it after what you did.”
   “I guess I do deserve it,” said Booker-T.   “I’m hoping for redemption with her.”
   “Well, here she comes now,” said Jake pointing up the street.
   “Oh, Jake, I sure hope that she isn’t going to stay mad at me,” said Booker-T.  “I like Midge and I sure don’t want her to be mad at me.  I didn’t mean to upset her.  I was only playing with her.”
   “Hi you two. What are you two up to today?” asked Midge. 
   “Can I redeem myself in your eyes, Midge?” asked Booker-T. “I’m sorry for the joke I played on you yesterday.”
   “Are you asking me to forgive you for what you did?” asked Midge.  “You think I should forgive you?”
   “Yes, I’m asking you to forgive me.  I didn’t realize that I would upset you so much.  I sure don’t want you to be upset with me.  I enjoy playing with you and Jake and I don’t want to lose that,”  said Booker-T. “Will you forgive me?”
   “Well, let me think on it a while,” said Midge as she tapped her foot on the porch. "I just don't know. Why should I forgive you?"
    “Come on Midge.  Please forgive me.  I love being your friend and I sure don’t want to lose that friendship we have.  You and Jake are the greatest friends someone could have,” said Booker-T.  “Please Midge. I promise I won't do that again.”
   "Booker-T, we know that is a promise you can't keep," said Midge.  "You like to play jokes too much to stop."
    "I only do it because I love you Midge," smiled Booker-T.  "You would miss it if I stopped totally. I just got carried away this time.  Please Midge..forgive me for that."
    “Oh, all right.  I forgive you,” said Midge.  “Now can we go play at the park?”
    “Sure Midge, let’s go,” said Jake. "Be nice today Booker-T."
   Booker-T smiled as the three friends ran to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T