Monday, May 16, 2011

Jake Finds a Ring

   "Hey there Jake," said Midge as she stepped onto the porch.
   "Hi Midge," said Jake.  "What is going on with you this morning?"
   "I'm on the way to the park.  Do you want to come along?" asked Midge.
   "What is going on there this morning?" asked Jake.
   "I heard Gabby saying something about playing in the sand. I think Snappy wanted us to all come over there today."
   "Sure.  I might as well.  I'll just lay around here and sleep if I stay home," answered Jake with a little laugh.

   "Aren't you the lazy one today," smiled Midge.
   The two of them ran across the street and  into the park.  As they ran across the green grass heading to the pond where Snappy lived, Jake stepped on something in the grass.  "Ouch!" he shouted as he came to a stop.
   "Jake, what did you do?" asked Midge.
  "Wow, look at this Midge.  Isn't this pretty?" asked Jake.
   "What is it?" asked Midge.
   "I'll bet it is a diamond in this ring," said Jake.
   "Wow!  That was good that you found the ring like that," said Gabby from the trees above.  "What are you going to do with it?"
   "Hi Gabby," said Jake.  "You saw me find the ring, huh?"
   "Sure did," said Gabby.  "What are you going to do with it now?  You can't wear it."
   "I know that silly," laughed Jake.  "I'm not sure what I will do with it.  I just might take it to the house and lay it on the table for my mistress to find.  I bet she will like it."
   "That would be nice," said Gabby.  "She won't think you stole it, will she?"
   "No!  She isn't like that.  Of course she wouldn't think I would steal it," said Jake stomping his foot.
   "Are you sure?" asked Midge.
   "Well, I am almost positive she won't," said Jake.
   "Maybe you could lay the ring on that table under the tree and let some human find it," suggested Midge.
   "Maybe that would be better,' said Jake.  "Okay, that is what I will do."
   They followed close behind Jake as he carried the pretty ring to the table and lay it on the top.  Midge had to take one more peek at it before they all ran off to play in the sand pile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T