Monday, May 23, 2011

Good Luck Booker-T

    Jake and Midge walked up the sidewalk to the park. They ran across the park to the little pond among the tall oak trees. The pond was a cool clear blue and the sun glistened across the top of the water.
   “Snappy!  Hey Snappy!” called Jake as the two neared the water’s edge.
   “Hi you two,”  answered Snappy as he poked his head from under the lily pads that floated near the edge of the pond.  “What are you two doing this morning?”

    “We came down to see what you were doing this morning.  We haven’t been over here to play with you in a week or two,” said Midge.
   “I know.  You don’t usually stay away this long,” said Snappy.  “I miss you coming to the water and playing with me.”
   “Have you seen Booker-T this morning?” asked Jake.  “I think he was supposed to come down here too.”
    “I saw him over there by the picnic tables a little while ago.  He was chasing something across the grass, but I couldn’t see what it was,” answered Snappy.
    “I don’t see him over there,” said Midge as she looked around the park.
    “Good luck on finding him when he is on the chase,” said Jake.
    “Luck is definitely what you will need when he is on the move.  That big guy is really fast.  I never seen a cat move that fast before,” said Midge laughing as she pictured Booker-T racing across the park.
    “Are you guys talking about me?” asked Booker-T as he came from behind the barbecue pit near the picnic tables. 
   “Well, well, speak of the devil and he appears,” laughed Snappy.
   “Ha ha Snappy. Aren’t you the funny one this morning,” said Booker-T.
   “What are you chasing this morning?” asked Midge.
   “I was after this big mouse.  He got away.  I lost him in those big weeds over there by the sandpit,” answered Booker-T.  “I just wasn’t fast enough this time.”
    “You still are fast Booker-T.  Maybe the big ole mouse was just a bit faster,” said Midge.
    “He was probably younger too,” said Jake.
    “Ha ha. I’ll get him later.  I needed a rest anyway,” answered Booker-T as he plopped down in the shade of the oak tree near the water’s edge. 
    “Okay,” said Snappy.  “You rest for a while and then maybe your luck will get better after you rest and you can go after that mouse again.”
    Jake and Midge laughed and Booker-T just wrinkled up his nose at them and leaned back against the tree to rest.
    “Good luck Booker-T on your mouse chasing,” smiled Midge. 
    Booker-T just looked up at her and rolled his eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T