Friday, May 20, 2011

Booker-T’s News

   “Hi there Jake and Midge,” said Booker-T as he strolled up the front steps to the porch.  “And what are the two of you doing this bright and sunny day?”
   “Wow are you in a good mood Booker-T,” said Jake.  “What are you so bright and cheery about this morning?”
   “You will never guess what happened to me last night,” snickered Booker-T as he pranced around the porch like a proud peacock.
   “Are you going to keep it a secret or are you going to let us in on it?” asked Midge.
   “Well, do you remember Jigsaw?” asked Booker-T.
   “Jigsaw?  Isn't he that big black alley cat across the tracks?” asked Jake.
   “You mean Jigsaw, your big nemesis of all times?” smiled Midge. "Did he move away?"
   “That is the one. No, he didn't move away.  He came over to the house last night and wants to be friends.  I about fell off the porch when he came begging for my friendship,” said Booker-T.  “I could hardly believe it.”
   "What house, what porch did you fall off?" asked Midge.  "You don't live in a house?  You live behind the cafe."
   "I was on the front porch of the house next door to the cafe,"  said Booker-T.  "Don't you want to know what happened?"
   “What made him change his mind after all these months of being so mean to you?” asked Midge. 
   “I thought he had it in for you all this time. Seemed as if every time you went to the park to see that cute little Persian kitten, Susie, he was after you, putting you on the run all the time,” said Jake.
   “He was after the affections of Susie the same as I was and he saw me as his rival or nemesis and no matter what I said to him, he just wouldn’t believe that Susie was only being friends to us both,” said Booker-T.  “Well, he finally came to his senses when he saw Susie playing with two other cats and a dog from up the street. 
   “I’m glad that you and Jigsaw can now be friends too.  I was afraid he might hurt you one of these days,” said Midge.  “I’m glad he won’t be your nemesis anymore. What is a nemesis anyway?” 
   “It is a frustrating rival I think, at least that is what I heard,”  laughed Jake.  “You mean all this time, you pretended you knew what it was?”
   “I didn’t want you to think I was stupid,” said Midge.
   Jake and Booker-T looked at each other and laughed at how silly Midge was that day.  “That’s okay, we still love you Midge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T