Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jake Cheers Up Midge

   "Midge! Oh, Midge!" called Jake as he scurried up the sidewalk to the front porch where Midge was laying on a chair.
   "Hi Jake," greeted Midge wtih a sadness in her voice.
   "Why are you crying Midge?" asked Jake. "I don't think I have ever seen you cry before."
   "Do you remember my little friend, Lindsey?" asked Midge.
   "I think so.  She lived over this way, didn't she?" asked Jake.
   "Yes.  She is a sweet little puppy," answered Midge.  "Her mistress moved away this morning, taking Lindsey away."
   "I'm sorry Midge.  I know you are really going to miss her.  But be happy for Lindsey.  She is going to a new home somewhere. She has her mistress, so she won't be alone in a strange place."
   "I know, but I sure will miss her.  Sorry you had to see me crying.  I didn't mean for you to see me doing that."

  "That is okay Midge.  What are friends for anyway, if I can't try and make you feel better," smiled Jake.  "Come on now and cheer up.  All will be fine and you have Booker-T and myself.  We are going to always be here for you."
   "Thanks Jake," smiled Midge.  "You and Booker-T have really been good friends to me and I really am grateful to have you two."
   "I know," laughed Jake.  "We are wonderful, aren't we?"
   "Very funny!" snickered Midge.  "Aren't you the conceited one!"
   "Now see there, I got you to smile," said Jake.  "You will be okay. Let's go find Gabby and Snappy and find out what they are doing today."
   Midge jumped down from the chair and the two walked to the park to find their friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T