Monday, May 23, 2011

Booker-T is Excited


   “Hey there Jake!” called Booker-T as he started to run across the street.
   Suddenly Jake heard the squealing of tires as he came running around the corner from the back yard. 
   “Booker-T!!” screamed Jake.  “Look out for that car!”
    The car screeched to a stop within inches of Booker-T.  The driver pounded his horn and Jake could see he was screaming, but the windows were up, he couldn’t hear what he was saying.  Jake was sure it wasn’t anything nice.  He had seen his mistress screaming like that and the words weren’t too nice.
    “Jake!” called Booker-T as he ran into the yard oblivious to the honking horn or the car that came too close to him. 
    “Booker-T, what in the world are you doing?  Don’t you see that car?” asked Jake with an angry tone in his voice.
    “What car?” asked Booker-T glancing back at the street to see a car taking off at a high rate of speed.  “Oh, that car!”
    “There definitely must be several angels watching over you this morning.  Where is your brain this morning?” asked Jake.  “You aren’t usually that careless crossing the streets.  Are you trying to get killed today?”
    “I guess I was thinking of something else and didn’t even see him. I was so excited and just had to tell you,” answered Booker-T.
   “What is so important that you would risk your life to tell me?” asked Jake.  “Tell me what?”
   “Has Midge been over here this morning?” asked Booker-T.
   “No not yet,” answered Jake.  “Does this have to do with her?  I’m sure she wouldn’t want you killed.”
   “Sort of,” said Booker-T.  “She found me a home, Jake.  Isn’t that exciting?”  Those guardian angels are really watching over me with the help of Midge.  They found me a home right next to Midge.”
    “That is terrific!” said Jake. “I’m so happy for you.  Midge and I have been so worried about you out there on the streets.”
    “I moved in there last night. They gave me such a nice warm bowl of milk and wonderful fish for dinner.   I cleaned up the dish,” said Booker-T.  “And guess what? They even gave me a bowl with my name on it.”
    “Booker-T, that is great.  Does Midge know that you moved in now?” asked Jake.
   “Not yet. I was hoping she was here. I haven’t seen her this morning,” said Booker-T.  “And I wanted to thank her for her help.”
    “She should be here soon.  Come on up and rest in the sun with me,” said Jake.
    Booker-T laid in the sun with Jake and enjoyed the quiet morning and the warm sunshine as they waited for Midge to come to the house.  Booker-T was excited about finally getting a home of his own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T