Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Booker-T Gets Tricked

   “Hey Jake! Where are you?” called Booker-T as he came up the sidewalk to the front porch.
   “I’m back here!” called Jake from the back yard.  “Come on back here.”
   “What are you doing back there?” asked Booker-T.
   “What are you doing here so early in the morning?” asked Jake. “You don’t usually come over here this early.”

   “I’m on the way to the park,” said Booker-T.
  “What is going on at the park this early in the morning?” asked Jake.
   “I was going to find Gabby and see if he wants to go to the field on the other side of the stone wall.”
   “I wouldn’t go over there Booker-T,” said Jake.  “You don’t know what is on the other side.”
   “Samson was telling me how beautiful the open field is over there and I want to see this beautiful place,” said Booker-T.
   “I don’t know.  You know Samson, he tells a lot of wild stories,” said Jake.  “You never know if he is lying or not.”
   “I know it. He has told me some really wild stories and I found out he was just telling stories and they weren’t true.   But this time is different. I just know it,” said Booker-T.
   “What makes you think this is different than his other wild stories?” asked Jake. 
   “I thought he was telling one of his wild stories when he told me what happened last week,” said Booker-T.  “And I told him it was a wild story.”
   “What did he say?” asked Jake.
   “He got upset with me and said ‘don’t criticize me unless you walk a mile in my shoes’, Then told me to check it out,” said Booker-T.
   “Walk a mile in his shoes?” asked Jake.  “Samson doesn’t wear shoes!” laughed Jake. “He got you again.”
   “Well, I didn’t think so at first,” laughed Booker-T. “You just never know with him.”
   “And what did he say was on the other side of that stone wall?” asked Jake.
   “He said it was a beautiful meadow and when he got over there, he was chased down by a big horse,” said Booker-T.
   “A horse?” asked Jake.
   “That is what he said happened,” said Booker-T.
   They both heard laughter and looked up to see Samson rolling on the ground laughing. 
   "Samson!!" Screamed Booker-T.  "You told me another big story, didn't you?"
   "Booker-T, you always fall for them," said Samson.  "I can always get you good."
   "You need to learn not listen to him Booker-T," said Jake.  "Come on, let's go to the park."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T