Friday, May 20, 2011

Jake’s Pet Peeve

   “Hey Jake!  Jake!” called Gabby as he flew around the corner of the house looking for Jake. 
   “What are you doing Gabby?” asked Midge.
   “Hi Midge. Where is Jake this morning?” asked Gabby.
   “He went into the house for a couple minutes.  What are you yelling about?” asked Midge.
    “I’m just giving him a hard time this morning.  I like to annoy him now and then,” said Gabby.  “He gets so snippy sometimes and I think it is funny.”
   “That is one of his pet peeves.  He sure doesn’t like it when you tease him like you do,” said Midge.
    “But I’m only playing with him,” said Gabby as he perched on the porch railing.
   “Well, I don’t think he likes being teased.  You should be nicer to him,” said Midge raising her eyebrows at him.
   “What are you up to now?” shouted Jake as he came around the corner of the house.  “I’m tired of your teasing Gabby.  You know that is one of my biggest pet peeves, your teasing.”
  “But I’m only having fun with you,” said Gabby.  “I really don’t mean any harm.”
   “Well, I would like it if you would please not tease me like you do, okay Gabby?” asked Jake.
   “Okay Jake.  I’m sorry and I will try not to do it anymore.  I don’t want to be your pet peeve.  I just like to play with you and Midge.  I’ll be better,” said Gabby.
   “Okay, I will forgive you this time,” smiled Jake.
   “Can we go to the park and play together with Snappy?” asked Midge.  "And no more teasing."
   “Let’s go,” said Gabby.  "I just want to have fun.  You know me, I'm the fun guy!"
   Midge and Jake just rolled their eyes at each other and together, they both said, "Let's go play!" 
    The three started up the sidewalk headed to the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T