Monday, May 16, 2011

Why is Midge Happy

   "Midge! Hey Midge! What are you doing?"  called Jake and Booker-T as they stepped up onto the front porch.
   "Hi Jake," smiled Midge.
   "Well, well, aren't you the picture of bliss!" said Booker-T.  "What is going on with you?"
   "Don't you see anything different?" asked Midge.
   Booker-T and Jake looked around the yard and couldn't see anything different.  It all looked the same to them.  "Nope!" they said in unison.
   "You don't see a thing?" blinked Midge.
   "I don't, do you Jake?" asked Booker-T.
   Jake thought a few moments and once again looked around the yard to see if he could see what might be different.  "No, I don't either."
   "You two are blind as a bat.  I can't believe you can't see why I'm so happy," said Midge shaking her head.

   "Do you think you might give us a hint?" asked Jake.
   "Well, what is it that I have been wanting for a long time?" asked Midge.
   "A new dog house?" asked Booker-T.
   "No! I have a nice dog house. And most of the time, I sleep on the foot of my mistress's bed," said Midge as she strutted back and forth across the porch.
   "Will you sit down and stop your pacing," said Booker-T.  "You are making me nervous."
   "A new dog food bowl?" asked Jake.
   "No!" said Midge.  "Boy, such friends you are. You don't even remember what it was I wanted for Christmas."
   Booker-T glanced at Jake and just shook his head.  "I guess I forgot what you wanted Midge."
   "I guess I'm guilty too," said Jake.  "I can't remember.  That was too far back."
   "It was only two months ago Jake," said Midge.  "That isn't too far back."
   "It is for me," laughed Jake.
   "Well, how do you like my new collar?" asked Midge.
   Jake and Booker-T got closer and checked out the collar that Midge wore around her neck.  It was a beautiful cobalt blue color with white stones.  On the top was a silver plate with her name.  "Oh Midge, it is really pretty," said Jake.  "No wonder you look like the picture of bliss this morning."
   "You could see that I was happy, but had no idea why," said Midge.
   "We are guilty," said Jake.
   Booker-T just sat nodding his head in agreement with Jake.
   "You do look nice in your pretty new collar, Midge," said Booker-T.
   Midge just smiled and batted her eyes at them. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T