Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booker-T and the Vet

   “Hey Jake!” called Booker-T as he hurried up the sidewalk to Jake’s front porch.
   “What are you doing?” asked Jake as he looked up from his nap.
   “Where is Midge this morning?” asked Booker-T.  “I thought she was going to be here.  I didn’t see her at home.”
   “She should be here soon,” said Jake. “I think her mistress was going to take her to the vet this morning for her yearly shots.”
   “Oh, that isn’t too much fun,” said Booker-T with a frown.  “I don’t like vets.”
   “Don’t you have to go to the vet?” asked Jake.
   “When pigs fly,” said Booker-T.  “No vet for me.”
   “You need to get your shots, don’t you?” asked Jake.  “Doesn’t your new mistress take you to the vet for a checkup and your shots?”
   “Like I said,” said Booker-T.  “When pigs fly.  I don’t like vets and I won’t go.”
  “Right,” smiled Jake.
  “What is so funny?” asked Booker-T.  “You know I never go to the vet.”
  “I have a feeling if your mistress wants you to go to the vet, you will have no choice about it,” said Jake.
  “We will just see about that,” stated Booker-T. “I can scratch pretty good when she tries to put me in the car.”
  “That will be a site to see.  Let me know when she is going to take you,” said Jake.  “I want to be there to watch this.”
  “Watch what?” asked Midge as she approached the porch.
  “There won’t be anything to watch,” said Booker-T. 
  "Watch what?" asked Midge again.
  “Hi Midge,” greeted Jake. “Booker-T here says he won’t go to the vets until pigs fly.”
  “Oh really?” asked Midge looking over at Booker-T.
  “That’s right,” said Booker-T.  “You know I don’t like going to a vet.”
  “How would you know?” asked Midge. “You have never been before.”
  “I just know,” said Booker-T.  “My friend Felix went and he said it was bad.”
  “Well, be sure and let us know when you have to go,” said Midge. “We both want to be there to watch you being put into the car for your trip to the vet.”
  “I’ll let you know,” answered Booker-T. “But it will never happen.”
  Jake and Midge just smiled at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T