Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dancing Midge

   “Hello Midge,” called Jake as he wandered up the sidewalk.  “What are you doing?”
   Midge was pacing back and forth, side stepping and running around and around on the porch.  Jake thought she was throwing a fit or something.
   “Midge!” called Jake again. “What in the world is wrong with you? Are you okay?”
   “Oh, hi Jake,” said Midge.  “I am just fine.”
   “You don’t look fine,” said Jake. “I have never seen you acing so weird before.  Why are you so jumpy?”

   “Can you hear that nifty music from inside the house?” asked Midge. 
   Jake got closer to the opened window and listened.  “Yes, I can hear it.  I still don’t know what you are doing.”
   “I was dancing Jake,” said Midge.  “Have you ever heard of dancing?”
   “Dancing!  You, dancing!” said Jake.  “Why are you dancing?  When did you start doing that?”
   “I was watching my mistress and her boyfriend dance the other day. It looked like it was fun,” said, Midge.
    “But what kind of music is that?” asked Jake.  “My mistress plays music all the time but I never heard anything as strange as what your mistress is playing in the house.”
   “My mistress calls it rock n roll,” said Midge.
   “It is lively,” said Jake.  “Does your mistress like to dance?”
   “Yes she dances all the time to this music,” said Midge.  "It really makes you want to tap the ole feet, don’t you think?” asked Midge while she stood there tapping her feet. 
   “You are weird strange Midge,” said Jake.  “Dogs don’t dance.”
   “And why not?”  asked Midge.  “I like this dancing thing.”
    “Why?” asked Jake.
    “I figure if the dogs on TV can dance, why not me?” asked Midge.
    “They are trained to do that,” said Jake. 
    “I can learn it too,” said Midge. “It is fun.  Why don’t you try it too Jake.”
    “It is pretty neat, but I don’t think I will join you, Okay.” Said Jake. 
    “Sure,” said Midge.  “You can sit there and watch me dance.”
    “I was wanting to go to the park today,” said Jake.  “Don’t you want to come along? You can listen to the music another time.”
    “Okay,” said Midge.  “Lets go.”
    “You did look funny up there dancing,” said Jake.  “I thought you had something wrong with yourself.”
    “Ha ha ha,” said Midge.  “You should give it a try Jake.  It’s fun.”
    “Maybe another time,” said Jake hoping that Midge would forget when the next time came around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T