Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jake’s Concern About Booker-T

  “Hey Jake!” shouted Booker-T as he strolled up the walkway to the front porch of the house where Jake lived.
  “Hi there Booker-T,” replied Jake.  “What are you up to this cool morning.”
  “Not much Jake ole buddy,” said Booker-T. “Just out messing around.  My friend Butch went to the vet with his master.”
  “We all have to go there once in a while,” said Jake. “It isn’t a big deal.”
  “Not me old pal,” replied Booker-T as he pranced around the porch switching his tail back and forth.
   “Oh, right!  I forgot, you are the perfect one,” said Jake.  “No need for a vet, right?”
   “That’s right Jake.  I’m the picture of perfect health,” said Booker-T. “Can’t you tell how great I am?”
   “Come on now Booker-T, haven’t you ever gotten sick or needed your yearly shots?” asked Midge as she strolled up the sidewalk to the porch.  “I heard you telling Jake you are so perfect.”
   “That’s right Midge. I never get sick,” said Booker-T.
   “I’ll bet your new mistress will take you and get your shots soon,” said Jake.
   “She hasn’t said anything about taking me to the vets,” said Booker-T.  “If she does I will hide from her until she forgets the crazy idea.  She should know I'm fine without going there.”
   “I worry about you Booker-T,” said Midge.  “You roam around with your homeless friends and you could get sick doing that.”
   “Not me Midge,” said Booker-T.  “I stay healthy all the time. I am careful with what I do and where I go.”
   “Just wait Booker-T,” said Jake.  “I’ll bet you will go to the vet soon.”
   “No,” said Booker-T. “She won’t take me.”
   “Oh, that’s right, you are so perfect,” said Jake.
   “Oh wow!” said Midge.  “I didn’t know you were that perfect.  That is amazing Booker-T.  You the perfect cat.”
   “You have it right, Midge,” said Booker-T.  “I’m the perfect cat and my mistress knows it so she won’t be taking me to the vet.”
    A big blue car pulled up in front of the house. “Isn’t that your mistress Booker-T?” asked Midge.
   “Yes,” said Booker-T. “I wonder what she is doing here. She must be needing me to go home now.”
   “Booker-T!” called a voice from the car.  “Come on Booker-T.  Lets go.”
   Booker-T ran for the car and when his mistress opened the door to let him jump in the car, Midge and Jake heard her say,  “Lets go Booker-T.  We have an appt with the vet for your shots this morning.”
   The door to the car closed behind Booker-T and Midge and Jake saw him with his nose pressed up against the window shaking his head at them and trying to tell them he needed their help to break him out of the car.  Midge and Jake just waved good-bye as the car drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T