Monday, June 13, 2011

Booker-T Meets Evil

   “Jake!” called Midge as she came strolling up the sidewalk to the front porch where she found Jake laying in the sun.
   “Hi Midge,” said Jake. “What are you doing this morning?”
   “Have you seen Booker-T this morning?” asked Midge.
   “He ran past here a little while ago,” replied Jake. “He was moving so fast, you would have thought that something evil had a hold of his tail.”

    “Booker-T doesn’t usually run like that Jake,” said Midge.  “Do you think that something was after him or that something might have happened?”
    “I don’t know.  Why are you worried about Booker-T?” asked Jake. “You know he can take care of himself.  He tells us that often enough.”
   “He was supposed to come by the house this morning and walk over here with me, but he never showed up,” said Midge.  “I checked his house and he wasn’t there.  That isn’t like Booker-T to not show up when he says he will.”
   “True,” said Jake.  “I guess we will have to wait til he decides to show up here,” said Jake glancing out to the street.  “Speaking of the devil, there he is now coming around the corner up there.”
   “Booker-T!” called Midge.  “Hey!  What happened to you this morning?”
    Booker-T was out of breath as he came walking up the porch steps.  “I was in this trash can digging for something to snack on when out of the alley came this giant bulldog.  I thought something evil was going to get me for sure.”
   “Why are you digging in trash cans?” asked Midge.  “You get plenty to eat at home.”
   “Just habit I guess,” said Booker-T.
   “You were moving so fast when you ran by here,” laughed Jake. “I didn’t see the bulldog chasing you.  You must have out run him and lost him.”
   “It was close. I could feel his hot breath on my backside,” said Booker-T.  “ I thought for sure he was going to grab me. I just knew my days of living were over.”
    “You were lucky,” said Midge. "Why was he chasing you?"
    “I guess I was,” said Booker-T.  "Don't know why he was chasing me. He is mean and he chases all us cats all the time."
    "Well, you were moving really fast," laughed Jake.  "I've never seen you run that fast before."
    "It's not funny," said Booker-T.  "I could have been killed by that evil dog."
    "This is true," said Midge.  "We are sorry to laugh.  But you were funny flying by the house."
    "Okay," snickered Booker-T.  "I guess I can laugh  at it now. But it wasn't funny when he was chasing me.  I'm glad I got away from him."
    "Me too, " said Midge. 
    "Yes, you can live to dig in another trash can for another day," said Jake.
     They all laughed and decided to go play at the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T