Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jake’s Lack of Energy

  Jake and Midge strolled along the sidewalk and turned into the yard and Jake barely got up the steps to the porch when he plopped down on the old chair.
  “Do you want to play with Booker-T at the sandbox today?” asked Midge.  “He should be over in about an hour Jake.”
   “Where do you get all your energy?” asked Jake. “I’m so tired trying to keep up with you and running with Butch part of the time, really finished me off.”

   “You are an old fuddy duddy Jake,” said Midge.  “I think Booker-T and Gabby both are coming over here soon.”
   “He will have to wait for me to get some rest,” said Jake. “I really need a nap Midge.”
   “I wish I could give you some energy,” said Midge.  ‘I must have enough for the two of us.”
   “I wish you could too,” said Jake. “I don’t know where you get it all. I am tired.”
   “Must be the food my mistress gives me,” said Midge.
   “What do you eat?” asked Jake. “I think my mistress gives me something called Alpo.”
   “That is good stuff Jake,” said Midge.  “That is what I eat, but she also puts in some vitamins for me.”
   “That must be why you have so much energy,” said Jake. “It’s all those vitamins you eat.”
   “Hey you guys!” shouted Booker-T as he came around the corner and entered the front gate. “Are you ready to go to the park now?”
   “Nope,” said Midge.  “Jake ran out of energy and needs a nap now.”
   “Jake ole buddy,” said booker-T. “What happened to all your energy old boy?”  Are you getting too old now?”
   “Ha ha Booker-T,” said Jake.  “I will be ready to play after I get a nice short nap.  Then I will show you who has no energy.”
   "What is wrong with you today?" asked Gabby. "You don't usually run out of energy this early in the day.  Where you up late last night Jake?"
   "No I wasn't up late last night," snapped Jake. "Why don't you quit gripping at me and let me take a short nap.  I will be fine after that."
   “Aren’t we a bit snippy this morning,” said Midge.
   Booker-T nodded his head and laughed at Jake’s sudden burst of energy with his attitude. “Okay okay,” said Booker-T.  “Take your nap and Midge and I will sit here and wait for you.  Or we might just join you in a nice nap.   We could use a nice nap too, right Midge?”
   "Oh sure," said Midge.  "We might enjoy a nice nap too. How about you Gabby?"
   "Oh no, I'm ready to go to the park and play," said Gabby.  "I will meet you over there when you all get your nice naps."
   "Okay Gabby," said Midge. "We will see you over there when Jake is done resting."
    Jake smiled as he lay his head down to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T