Thursday, June 30, 2011

Midge Gets Dessert

  “Midge!  Midge!” called Jake as he approached the house.  “Where are you and what are you doing?”
    Midge poked her head out around the corner of the house and called out to Jake.  “I’m back here in the back yard Jake.  Come on back.”
    “What are you doing back there?” asked Jake.
    “I’m waiting on my mistress to bring me some dessert,” answered Midge.
    “Dessert?  You get Dessert?” asked Jake as he raised his eyebrows at her.

    “Sure, don’t you get dessert when you eat your meals?” asked Midge.   
    “No, I’ve never gotten dessert after my meals," said Jake. “What kind of dessert does she give you?”
    “Usually she gives me a nice milk bone,” said Midge.  “Once in a while she gives me some nice doggie cookies.”
    “That is dessert?” asked Jake.  “I thought it was just a bone. I get them all the time,”
    “All the time?” asked Midge.
    “Yes,” said Jake.  “I get them for treats in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoons too. Then when it is night time, I get one after supper and before my mistress goes to bed.”
    “Wow! I only get them after supper,” said Midge.  “She never gives them to me in the mornings and when she does give me some, she calls them my dessert.
     “I’m sorry you don’t get too many of them Midge.  I get them at least three times a day.” said Jake.
     “Think your mistress would talk to mine Jake?” asked Midge.  “I’d like to have more of them during the day.”
    “How do I do that?” asked Jake.  “How can I tell her that she needs to talk to your mistress?”
   “I don’t know,” said Midge a little disappointed.  “That would be a little hard wouldn’t it.”
   “Just enjoy the dessert you do get from her every day,” said Jake.
   “I guess you are right Jake,” said Midge.  “I’ll be thankful for the one I get a day. It is better than nothing.”
    “That’s right Midge,” said Jake. “Be thankful for the one she does give you everyday.”
    “Do you want to share this one Jake?” asked Midge.
    “No, It’s yours,” said Jake.
    “Come on now,” said Midge.  “You know you want a bite.”
    "No Midge, that milk bone is yours to enjoy," said Jake. "I have a nice steak bone at home and we can share it.  There is more of it."
    "That's okay, Jake," said Midge. "You are my friend and I want to share the milk bone with you.  Here you can have half of it."
    "Thank you Midge," said Jake. 
    They broke the milk bone in half and each ate half of the milk bone. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T