Sunday, June 5, 2011

Midge Flirts with Jake

    Midge sauntered up the sidewalk to where Jake was sitting beneath the oak tree in the front yard.  The shade felt good after walking in the hot sun.
   “Hi Jake,” smiled Midge.  “How are you this morning?”
   “Hi Midge,” said Jake.  “What are you up to this morning?”
   “Not very much,” replied Midge batting her big brown eyes at Jake as she slowly walked back and forth in front of him.
   “What is the matter with you this morning?” asked Jake as he watched Midge pacing with a puzzled look on his face.
   “Nothing,” replied Midge as she continued to blink her eyes. She slowly walked around him brushing up against him as she passed beside him.

   “What is the matter with your eyes?” asked Jake.  “Do you have dirt or something in them?  You’ve been blinking those eyes since you got here.”
   “There is nothing wrong with my eyes,” said Midge.
   “Then why do you keep blinking them?” asked Jake.  “You look like you have a problem.”
   “Boy, oh boy,” said Midge.  “You don’t know a thing.  I’m flirting with you.”
   “Flirting with me?” asked Jake. “Why are you flirting with me?”
   “You are so silly Jake,” said Midge.  “Don’t you know why I’m flirting with you?”
   “No,” said Jake.  “I don't even know what flirting is?  It sure looks silly with you blinking your eyes over and over again and pacing back and forth.”
   “I like you Jake,” said Midge.  “I heard my mistress and her friend talking about flirting with someone you like and it sounded like fun. She said something about batting her eyes at someone.  Did I do that wrong Jake.   You don’t like it?”
   “I don't know how you are supposed to flirt.  You look like you have something in your eyes when you do that,” said Jake.  “The humans must look funny if they are doing that all the time.”
   “I don’t know,” said Midge.  “I will check that out and let you know.”
   “How are you going to check it out?” asked Jake.  “Is your mistress flirting with someone?”
   “I don’t know,” said Midge. "She has a boyfriend but I don't know if she flirts with him or not."
   “So we might never know what this flirting thing is supposed to do.  Let’s forget about this flirting thing and go find Snappy,” said Jake. "And quit blinking the eyes like that."
   “Okay,” said Midge.  “let’s go.”
   The two friends walked along the sidewalk to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T