Saturday, June 4, 2011

Booker-T Enjoys his Friends

   “Hey Jake!  Where are you?” called Booker-T as he wandered up the sidewalk looking around the yard for Jake. 
   “I’m back here Booker-T,” called Jake as he came around the corner of the house.
   “What are you doing this morning?  You aren’t usually out this early in the mornings.”
   “I was going to the park to try and catch some fish in the old pond,” said Booker-T.  “I wanted to check and see if you and Midge want to come along with me.  Maybe we can find Gabby and have some fun in the sand while we are there.”
   “Sounds like fun to me,” said Jake.  “Midge should be strolling along here soon,”
   “Did you see the nice blanket that Midge gave me the other day?” asked Booker-T. 
  “I sure did,” said Jake. “I think she found it out behind the barn across the park.  Someone must have tossed it out and she dragged it home.  You know Midge, Miss Pack-Rat of the neighborhood.”
   “She sure is a pack rat but she is such a giving little dog too,” said Booker-T.  “I never met anyone as nice as she is. When I was sleeping in boxes, corner of porches and under houses to get out of the cold, she was always trying to help find me a home.  Now she has found me such a nice place next door to her.”
   “I know,” said Jake.  “She was always worried that you were going to freeze out there on the streets.  It was good that she found you that nice home.”
   “You both are great friends,” said Booker-T.  “I couldn’t ask for better friends.”
   “Midge was so happy that you started to live with the people next door to her,” said Jake. “She was so proud that she found you that home.”
   “She is a great friend,” said Booker-T. 
   “Hey you two!” called Midge.  “What are you two plotting this morning?”
  “We were just talking about you,” said Booker-T.
   “Good things, I hope,” said Midge.
   “Nothing but good Midge,” smiled Jake. “Booker-T was saying how you are such a giving dog and how he was so glad that we were all friends.”
   “Thank you Booker-T,” said Midge.  “I’m glad we are friends too.”
   “Come on, let’s go play at the park,” said Booker-T. 
   “I’m ready to go play too,” said Jake.
   “Okay, me too,” said Midge.
   The three friends ran for the park with Midge running behind still talking about they were really good friends. 
   “Do you ever shut up Midge?” laughed Jake.
   “Ha ha Jake,” said Midge.  “I’m just saying we are really good friends.”
   “Yes we are,” said Jake.  “Now let’s find Snappy and find something to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T