Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Booker-T in Trouble

    “Hey you two!  What are you up to?” called Booker-T as he came bouncing around the corner and sauntered up the sidewalk to the front porch.
   “We are just laying here in the nice sunshine.  I has rained for so long that it is nice to just lay here and soak up some sun,” answered Jake.
   “What are you doing this morning?” asked Midge.
   “I am in need of some help,” said Booker-T.
   “What do you need help with?” asked Jake. “I can’t imagine you needing help for anything.”
   “Not you Booker-T.  The cat about town needs help,” said Midge. “What could possibly be the problem that you need help with?”
   “Well, you always seem to know a lot of things because you listen to your mistress talking,” said Booker-T.  “And I haven’t had a home with humans for very long so I don’t know as much.”
   “Being with humans or not, what could I possibly help you with that you don’t already know?” asked Jake.

   “Yeah, Booker-T,” said Midge.  “What in the world could you need help with? You are Mr. Macho of the neighborhood,”
   “Come on Midge,” said Booker-T. “I know I’m wonderful, but I am in trouble this time for real.  I guess I did something stupid.”
   “What did you do?” asked Jake.
   “I was over at Lindsey’s place and I heard her mistress telling someone on the phone that she was filing a litigation against me and I just didn’t think I had done anything that bad,” said Booker-T.
   “How can someone file a litigation against you?” asked Midge.  “You are a cat. People don’t file litigations against cats.”
  “They can’t?” asked Booker-T.
   “No!” answered Jake.  “Why in the world would you think that they were filing a litigation against you?”
   “Well, I was sitting there listening and she was telling someone that he had done her baby wrong and she was going to file some kind of lawsuit against him.  Lindsey is her baby,” said Booker-T.  “I only took Lindsey to the park for the day. That was all I did.  I didn’t do anything really wrong.”
   “Booker-T!  Did you forget that Lindsey’s mistress has a teenage daughter,” said Midge.  “I will bet you heard her talking about her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend. I heard he was a trouble maker at school.  There is no way that she would file a litigation in court against you.  How do you think that they would get a cat into court?”
   “I guess that would be hard to do,” said Booker-T.  “I was so afraid she was talking about me.  And I really didn’t mean to keep Lindsey at the park all day.  Wow!  I thought for sure I was going to be sued.”
   “Calm down Booker-T,” said Jake.  “It can’t be you they were talking about.”
   “Thanks Jake and Midge,” said Booker-T.  “I just knew you two would have the answer for me.”
   “Go visit with Lindsey and have fun,” said Midge. “And stop worrying, but don’t keep her away from home that long again.”
   “See you guys later,” smiled Booker-T as he ran down the sidewalk and out the gate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T