Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jake’s Dream

   “Hey Jake!” called Midge as she ran up the sidewalk to the porch.
   Jake didn’t answer her.
   “Hey Jake!” called Midge again.  When she stepped onto the porch, she saw Jake sleeping so sound and the legs were moving.  “Hey Jake!”
   Jake jerked awake and jumped up.  “Midge! Wow you scared me.”

   “You must have been dreaming.  You were really on the move,” said Midge.  “Your legs were really moving. What in the world were you dreaming?”
   “I was in paradise Midge,” smiled Jake.  Paradise was so good.  I never saw anything so great before.  I wonder if that place exists somewhere.”
   “Oh, really now,” said Midge.  “Where were you?”
   “It was paradise Midge,” said Jake.  “I just know it was paradise.”
   “And why did it have to be paradise?” asked Midge.  “Do you know what paradise is?”
   “I was being chased all over the place by pretty girls,” smiled Jake. "That just has to be paradise."
   “Humph!” snapped Midge.  “That is what you call paradise?  I call it a bad dream.”
   “Oh sure Midge,” said Jake. “Wouldn’t you call that paradise?”
   “No!” snapped Midge.  “I don’t want girls chasing after you.  I thought you were my boyfriend.”
   “I wasn’t letting them catch me,” assured Jake.  "I didn't even let them get close to me."
   “Sure,” sighed Midge. “I hope you didn’t let them catch you.”
   “Are you jealous of a dream?” asked Jake.
   “Well, you might get to hoping it was real,” said Midge.  “Do you Jake?”
   “Do I what?” asked Jake.
   “Do you wish it was real?” asked Midge. "Do you like them chasing you?"
   “No, Midge,” said Jake.  “It was only a nice dream.  I don’t want it to be real.”
   “But you really liked having the dream,” sighed Midge.
   “Come on Midge," said Jake.  "Forget the dream.  Lets go play at the park and see if Snappy wants to play with us this morning."
   “Okay, change the subject,” said Midge.  “I guess I will leave it alone for now.  Just as long as paradise for you is where I am at.”
    Jake smiled and nodded his head without saying a word. “Best not say anything more about it,” thought Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T