Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gabby Strikes Again

   “Hi there Jake,” called Booker-T as he wandered up the sidewalk to the front porch. “Where is Midge this morning?”
   “She hasn’t gotten over here yet,” said Jake.  “We are going to the park when she gets here. Do you want to go with us?”
   “Sure,” said Booker-T.  “I always like going to the park with you guys.”
   Midge came hurrying along the sidewalk and ran up to the porch.
   “Hey Midge,” said Booker-T.   “How are you this morning?”
   “I’m fine,” said Midge.  “How are you this morning Booker-T?”

    “I came over to see what you guys were up to and Jake said you were going to the park,” said Booker-T.
   “Yes, Gabby said that Snappy was taken by greed, so we are going to find out what is going on and have a talk with him,” said Midge.
   “I didn’t think Snappy had a greedy bone in his little body,” said Booker-T.  “What is going on with him?”
   “Well, it seems he has something and won’t share it with anyone,” said Midge.
   “But that doesn’t make him greedy, Midge,” said Booker-T. “What does he have?”
   “We don’t know,” said Jake.  “We are going to run down to the pond and check it out.  Glad you are coming with us.”
   “Oh sure,” said Booker-T. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”
   “They all took off running for the park with Midge bringing up the rear.  “Wait up you guys!” screamed Midge.
   “Come on Midge,” said Jake. “You can run faster than that?
   “Hey Gabby!” called Jake.  “Where are you, buddy?”
    “I’m up here Jake,” called Gabby from the limb right above them. “What are you three doing?”
    “What is going on?  Why are you saying that Snappy is being greedy?” asked Midge.  “I have never seen him show greed to anyone.”
    “Snappy!” called Jake.  “Where you little guy?”
    “Hi Jake,” said Snappy as he crawled out of the water and sauntered over to where the three were sitting.  “What is he doing here?”
    “Gabby said you were being greedy so we came to find out what is going on,” said Midge.  “I have never seen you greedy about anything before.  You have always been willing to share anything.”
    “That’s because he wanted my breakfast,” said Snappy.  “I told him he couldn’t have it that he would have to find his own.  I don’t mind sharing things, but not everything.”
    “I only wanted a little of your breakfast,” said Gabby.  “I wasn’t going to eat all of it.  Do I look like I could hold all that food?  No!”
    “Gabby!” shouted Jake.  “Just because he didn’t want to share his breakfast with you, doesn’t make him a greedy turtle.  Come on Gabby, tell him you are sorry.”
    “I’m sorry you are greedy Snappy,” said Gabby.
    “Gabby!” screamed Midge.  “That isn’t what Jake meant for you to do.” 
    “Oh all right,” said Gabby.  “I’m sorry Snappy. I know you aren’t greedy. You have shared a lot of things with me before.”
     “Snappy?” asked Midge. 
     “Ok,” said Snappy.  “I accept your apology.”
     “Now,” said Jake.  “Can we all be friends and get along here?”
     “You are right,” said Gabby.  “I will be nice and I’m glad we are all friends.”
     “Me too,” said Snappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jake and Midge

Jake and Midge
Jake and Midge with Booker-T